Windows 10: Surface Headphones will not switch Bluetooth profiles from Hands-Free to Stereo

Discus and support Surface Headphones will not switch Bluetooth profiles from Hands-Free to Stereo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using the Surface Headphones for both music and softphone applications such as dialpad and shoretel connect. When the headphones are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ben DeWitte, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Surface Headphones will not switch Bluetooth profiles from Hands-Free to Stereo

Hello,

I am using the Surface Headphones for both music and softphone applications such as dialpad and shoretel connect. When the headphones are initially turned on, the stereo audio (headphones profile) is playing and is great. However, if I need to jump onto a call, the application will switch to hands-free mode. This is fine and is to be expected, but when I am done with the call, the profile will STAY in handsfree mode. To revert back to my headphones stereo audio, I need to manually navigate to the Sounds and disconnect the Headset.

I've confirmed that all of my bluetooth drivers are update to date via the device manager and have also tried to uninstall/reinstall the bluetooth drivers. Additionally, my Surface headphones are update to date as per the Cortana Devices app.

Is this something that Windows supports? I would imagine that bluetooth devices should be able to automatically switch between the "Headphones" and "Handsfree" profile.

Thanks,

Ben

:)

Ben DeWitte, Feb 13, 2019
  2. petrib Win User

Bluetooth Stereo Headphones

The 9300i does not support Bluetooth stereo (A2DP profile). If the headphones support the Bluetooth handsfree profile, they might work in mono (one audio channel only).

petrib, Feb 13, 2019
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Surface Headphones will not switch Bluetooth profiles from Hands-Free to Stereo

BLUETOOTH STEREO HEADPHONES

WHICH BLUETOOTH STEREO HEADPHONES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?

debbies1---01, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Surface Headphones will not switch Bluetooth profiles from Hands-Free to Stereo

1. Surface Headphones will not switch Bluetooth profiles from Hands-Free to Stereo - Similar Threads - Surface Headphones switch

2. How to prevent switch from Stereo to Hands-Free profile on Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent switch from Stereo to Hands-Free profile on Bluetooth headset: I just got a new Bluetooth headset Philips PH802 and whenever the various video-conference platforms Teams and Zoom use the device's microphone, instead of my laptop's, there is terrible distortion on the audio output. The headset works just fine on my Android on the same...
  3. How to prevent switch from Stereo to Hands-Free profile on Bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent switch from Stereo to Hands-Free profile on Bluetooth headset: I just got a new Bluetooth headset Philips PH802 and whenever the various video-conference platforms Teams and Zoom use the device's microphone, instead of my laptop's, there is terrible distortion on the audio output. The headset works just fine on my Android on the same...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  5. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  6. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Headphone Won't Connect in Stereo Just in Hands Free

Bluetooth Headphone Won't Connect in Stereo Just in Hands Free: HiI have a pair of WH-1000XM4 headphonesPre their update 2.5.0 I got them to work as when connecting via Bluetooth it showed both LE and Stereo and I selected the Stereo, it worked great and audio was very good. Since I reinstalled Windows 10, the Bluetooth pairing only shows...
  8. Bluetooth Headphone Won't Connect in Stereo Just in Hands Free

Bluetooth Headphone Won't Connect in Stereo Just in Hands Free: HiI have a pair of WH-1000XM4 headphonesPre their update 2.5.0 I got them to work as when connecting via Bluetooth it showed both LE and Stereo and I selected the Stereo, it worked great and audio was very good. Since I reinstalled Windows 10, the Bluetooth pairing only shows...
  9. Bluetooth Headphone Won't Connect in Stereo Just in Hands Free

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Bluetooth stereo and hands free

Bluetooth stereo and hands free: okay so I bought a wireless headphone a week ago and it works perfectly on my devices but as soon as I connect to windows it separates my headphone into two profiles one as a bluetooth headphone which allows me to hear audio fine and the other profile is bluetooth headset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change bluetooth headphones from handsfree to stereo

2. surface headphones hands free vs stereo

3. surface headphones supported bluetooth profiles