Windows 10: Surface hid mini driver was deleted by mistake, keyboard stopped on surface book 2.Reset...

Discus and support Surface hid mini driver was deleted by mistake, keyboard stopped on surface book 2.Reset... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I replaced my surface hid mini driver with llibusk accidently using zdiag on my surface book 2. There is no way to get this driver anywhere as surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by niello360, Jun 12, 2021.

1. niello360 Win User

Surface hid mini driver was deleted by mistake, keyboard stopped on surface book 2.Reset...

I replaced my surface hid mini driver with llibusk accidently using zdiag on my surface book 2. There is no way to get this driver anywhere as surface book 2 updates come in a bundle and cannot be installed manualy. I have done a full reset and tried reinstalls. My surface book 2 cant be used as the keyboard doesnt work. Can someone tell me how to get this driver back or send me a link?Surfacebook updates and drivers page is useless as it does not allow installing that particular driver,

:)

niello360, Jun 12, 2021
  2. Roger Win User

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

• Clean the metal pins on both the keyboard and the Surface Pro 3 with alcohol swap and q-tip.
    • Performed the standard two button shutdown procedure - Force a shutdown and restart your Surface
    • Update "HID keyboard" device in Device Manager.
    • Uninstall and reinstall "HID keyboard device" in Device Manager.
    • Removed HID keyboard device in Device Driver and manually installed Surface Type Cover device (which later automatically turns to "HID keyboard device" when you hit "update drivers")
    • Updated all Windows 10 patches to date.
    • Tried a brand new keyboard (Microsoft FMM-00001 Type Cover for Surface Pro https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073W4MPJF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )
    • Updated firmware for Surface Pro 3 (typed in “winver”, took that Windows version, then downloaded the specific patch required here - Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center)
    • Reset Surface Pro 3 while keeping personal files
    • Reset Surface Pro 3 and deleted all personal files
    • Performed hardware tests on aka.ms/surfacerepair (nothing bad found; all looks ok)
    • Drained the battery most of the way before connecting again - the two times it worked momentarily these last few days was when I connected my new type cover keyboard to the Surface Pro 3 after the battery had died down to below 50%; a simple reboot later, everything stopped working. This user seems to have the same problem with it working briefly when there is low battery - Surface Pro 3 Battery drain along with type cover connector failure )

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18 Surface

Read more: Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) Surface

Brink, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Surface hid mini driver was deleted by mistake, keyboard stopped on surface book 2.Reset...

New Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware Update Nov. 18

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Surface hid mini driver was deleted by mistake, keyboard stopped on surface book 2.Reset... - Similar Threads - Surface hid mini

2. Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.: Hello,I have SB2 with AZERTY Keyboard and I saw that it is not that hard to swap the physical keys on the keyboard, of course at my own risk. My question is if I do this, do I ruin my guarantee and if someday something happens to the laptop and a replacement is needed, can I...
  3. Surface book 2 unable to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book 2 unable to reset: I wasn't able to detach the screen and the keybord of my surface book 2 wasn't working, i read and microsoft community to hold the power button for ~ 20 seconds to solve the problem. I did it but it booted to the screen "Your PC did not start correctly". I tried every...
  4. Hid Mini Driver on my Surface Laptop 1 Not Working

Hid Mini Driver on my Surface Laptop 1 Not Working: All the keyboard programs/drivers aside from the Hid Mini Driver are working but the Hid Mini Driver says it can't start, Code 10. My keyboard doesn't work at all, none of the keys function, only the mousepad and that only sometimes. I'm afraid to reset the laptop because I...
  5. Trouble connecting Surface Mouse to Surface Book 2 - Have to delete drivers and restart...

Trouble connecting Surface Mouse to Surface Book 2 - Have to delete drivers and restart...: I was having trouble getting the Surface Mouse to work with Surface Book 2. I contacted "Help" over chat and they asked me to uninstall the drivers and restart the laptop. This worked, but the problem is I have to do this each time. And ironically, the "Surface" Mouse works...
  6. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  7. Surface Book 2 will not reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book 2 will not reset: I created a USB restore drive from my machine, reset the computer and the restore dies at 65% and then not able to do anything. Is there any way I can create another restore usb without using my PC since it now does not work? I even went as far as saying wipe the whole...
  8. Surface book 2 - reset problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface book 2 - reset problems: Hello, I'm having an issue with my Surface Book 2. After updating windows a few days ago my network adaptor suddenly just stopped working. I was unable to connect to the internet or detect WiFi networks. I decided to just reset the computer to factory settings after trying...
  9. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  10. Mute mic with Keyboard Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute mic with Keyboard Surface Book 2: Where did the mute mic keyboard shortcut go? Every laptop I've owned has one, like the mute key. It is needed for web meeting in particular....