Windows 10: Surface Hub 2 launch video reportedly offers first glimpse of Windows Core OS

Discus and support Surface Hub 2 launch video reportedly offers first glimpse of Windows Core OS in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently announced the second-generation Surface Hub that comes with a 50.5-inch display which would support 4K resolution. The Surface Hub 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 18, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Surface Hub 2 launch video reportedly offers first glimpse of Windows Core OS

Microsoft recently announced the second-generation Surface Hub that comes with a 50.5-inch display which would support 4K resolution. The Surface Hub 2 comes with some welcome upgrades in terms of hardware and software as well. It appears that the Surface Hub 2 runs a special version of Windows 10 operating system “with a focus on a collaborative environment.”

The people familiar with the development of Microsoft’s ecosystem believe that the Surface Hub 2 runs a new variant of Windows 10 which could be the long-rumoured Windows Core OS.

Windows Core OS (WCOS) aims to turn Windows 10 into a fully modular platform and report suggests that it would lay down the foundations for the future of the platform. With Windows Core OS and CShell, Microsoft is turning Windows 10 into a modular platform that runs across all form factors.

Windows Core OS will remove the legacy elements from the platform and it will also pave the way for a full UWP version of Windows 10. CShell, on the other hand, is a composable shell that’s supposed to make Windows 10 adaptable and it would apparently offer a more customized experience tailored to each device.

Surface Hub 2 launch video reportedly offers first glimpse of Windows Core OS [​IMG]
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft.com

Windows Core OS has composers for different hardware. The Surface Hub composer is codenamed Aruba and the mobile composer is reportedly known as Andromeda. The launch video of Surface Hub offers the first look at Windows Core OS and Aruba. The video also confirms that Windows Core OS would come with dynamic wallpaper that “moves in the background.”

Microsoft has also added support for multi-user sign support and Windows Hello in the OS for the Surface Hub, and the huge investment in the software side of the flagship device is quite noticeable. The Surface Hub 2 would become available to everyone next year and the company could detail the other features of the device later this year.

Microsoft is working hard to finalize the Windows Core OS project, and one of the devices that could be powered by Windows Core OS is Andromeda, the long rumoured foldable mobile type device that’s supposed to create a new category of devices. Microsoft is expected to announce both Windows Core OS and Andromeda this year along with other details.

The post Surface Hub 2 launch video reportedly offers first glimpse of Windows Core OS appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 18, 2018
  2. TonBte Win User

Surface HUB Start menu

Is it possible to add icons to the start menu on a Surface HUB, we like to add the Mural app to the start menu.

And why isn't the product Surface HUB listed under the Surface topic?

TonBte, May 20, 2018
  3. Surface phone and Surface Watch/Band Launch

Hello Microsoft and Community Members,

I have been using Lumia devices since they came out, MS Band 2 since it came out and I am eagerly waiting for next generation of devices in both categories. They both had room for improvements and we know that reportedly Microsoft has been working on Phone
    but I haven't heard anything about band. Band 1 & 2 might not have gained traction but it could be because of Rubber Material cracking issues, some glitches in software or design factor. It doesn't mean Band will keep failing in future too.

I am using Windows 10 phone OS and Lumia 950 XL and Lumia Icon devices. OS and hardware have room for improvements and I am sure Microsoft is working on them restlessly.

Now questions is,

• When would I see Surface Phone and new Band/Watch?

BHALABHAGAT, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Surface Hub 2 launch video reportedly offers first glimpse of Windows Core OS

1. Surface Hub 2 launch video reportedly offers first glimpse of Windows Core OS - Similar Threads - Surface Hub launch

2. Announcing Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise availability on Surface Hub 2

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise availability on Surface Hub 2: Today’s environment requires different kinds of flexibility to make people and teams as productive as possible. It’s never been more important to empower every worker, employee, and student with the tools they need to collaborate whether they are...
  3. New Surface Hub OS update released for public preview

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Hub OS update released for public preview: Microsoft Surface Hub is an all-in-one digital whiteboard, meetings platform, and collaborative computing device powered by Windows 10. We are excited to share that the latest version of the Surface Hub operating system, Windows 10 Team 2020 Update, is now available for...
  4. USB Hub crash report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hub crash report: I found my PC unable to respond to USB keyboard and mouse input and a kernel crash somewhere, what does the Report Status value mean? This crash appeared twice, once with Report Status 4 and another with status 2049. I just want to know if this was sent to Microsoft...
  5. surface hub video looping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    surface hub video looping: how do i make our surface hub loop video from a flashdrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-hub-video-looping/3e9204be-9250-4207-bf71-687d0ceb86a1
  6. Microsoft event rumours: Windows Core OS, Surface Centaurus

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft event rumours: Windows Core OS, Surface Centaurus: Microsoft will announce the new-generation Surface Pro and Surface Laptop on Wednesday as part of its hardware event. In addition to Surface Pro 7, Surface Pro with ARM processor and Surface Laptop 3, the Redmond firm is said to be working on Surface Centaurus with Windows...
  7. Microsoft’s Centaurus is reportedly a Courier like Windows Core OS device

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Centaurus is reportedly a Courier like Windows Core OS device: The definition of computing is changing day by day. One of the earliest section to adopt this change is the education market, where Microsoft had the dominance in the 90s and early 2000s. But after the introduction of Chromebook, education sectors have switched to it because...
  8. Here’s another look at Surface Hub 2 running modular Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s another look at Surface Hub 2 running modular Windows Core OS: The next-generation Surface Hub devices will be rolled out in the market by 2020 and the rumour has it that the devices will be running Microsoft’s modular and secure platform codenamed “Windows Core OS”. As pointed out by The Verge’s Tom Warren, Microsoft has demoed the...
  9. What’s next for Surface Hub 2

in Windows 10 News
    What’s next for Surface Hub 2: [ATTACH] Surface Hub 2’s light, sleek and intelligent design starts to ship in Q2 2019 Surface Hub 2 enables the power of collaborative work, allowing businesses to unlock the full potential of their greatest resource – people. As work changes – thanks to the ongoing...
  10. Meet Surface Hub 2

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Surface Hub 2: A new culture of work is emerging. One where unlocking the power of the team has never been more important. I see it with our team daily. People coming together, creating together. Making products stronger through collaboration, whether they’re in the same room or separated...