Windows 10: Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out

Discus and support Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Surface connects to the internet only sporadically, lasting merely minutes. On the other hand, the Apple devices and Android mobiles--and my gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pyllaria, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Pyllaria Win User

Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out

My Surface connects to the internet only sporadically, lasting merely minutes. On the other hand, the Apple devices and Android mobiles--and my gaming rig--never drop out. How can I improve my Surface's connectivity?

:)

Pyllaria, Sep 30, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Sep 30, 2018
  3. share internet connection from surface to xbox

Hi Sean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, please be informed that to share internet connection from surface pro you need to activate the hotspot on surface pro. Follow the below steps to turn on the hotspot.

• Press Windows key +X to open the power user settings menu and choose “Command Prompt (Admin)“.

• Enter the following command, replacing the values for SSID and key with the network name and password you want:

• netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=AdHoc key=password

• Run the following command to start the network:

• netsh wlan start hostednetwork

• Search in the Start menu for “View network connections.”

• Right-click your main ethernet connection and choose “Properties.”

• Under the “Sharing” tab, click the box labeled “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”

• In the drop down below the above box, choose the network connection that currently has internet access. Click
      OK.
    Note: The hotspot connection will
    work as long as the Windows machine that’s running the network is active.

You can also visit the below link for further assistance.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/browse/surface-windows-8-pro

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 30, 2018
  4. altae Win User

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out - Similar Threads - Surface Internet Connection

2. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  3. internet connection drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection drops: I have 2 win10 pro desktops one keeps dropping internet connections the other does not. Both are connected to the router by cable. Have tried various setting but none workother devices, friends laptop, iphone, etc connect ok by WiFi...
  4. Internet drop outs

Internet drop outs: For about 3 weeks Internet has repeatedly dropped out. Pages won't load time out or load abnormally slowly Get messages like " the System encountered a problem" or " The site can't be reached" or "Your connection was interrupted" Checked Event Viewer found repeated ERROR...
  5. Internet Dropping out

Internet Dropping out: My windows 10 desk top is connected to my router via cable NOT WI_FI. Windows regularly disconnects briefly telling me that there is no internet. This is not true because other devices on the same network continue to function. Is this a known issue?...
  6. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: I have a dual boot desktop Windows 10 Pro & Windows 7 Ultimate. Both versions are installed on separate ssd hard drives. I never have a problem with Windows 7 dropping my internet connection. but do have this problem with Windows 10. I could run for days without any problems...
  7. Dropping Internet Connection

Dropping Internet Connection: Hi Everyone, hope everyone is well, I wonder if anyone could give me some help, I am asking for my sister as I will be doing the task. She has been having problems with her internet connection, as the laptop keeps dropping her internet connection, I have taken a look at the...
  8. Internet connection keeps dropping out

Internet connection keeps dropping out: With out warning connection is lost cause the default Gateway is not available according to the checker. Still trying to sort that out and machine keeps crashing and freezing Any help would be grateful...
  9. Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power

Internet drops out if computer is not connected to power: Hi all, My internet drops out if the computer is not connected to power. Running the trouble shooter suggests that an ethernet cable is unplugged. But I am connected to wifi?...
  10. Internet connection dropping

Internet connection dropping: Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my internection drops out every time that my laptop is not in continual use. The connection actually says: "connect automatically" but it still goes off every time I leave my laptop for longer than 10 minutes or so. This is frustrating,...