Windows 10: Surface Keyboard connection issues

Discus and support Surface Keyboard connection issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Surface Keyboard connected to a Macbook running Windows 10 via bootcamp. The keyboard pairs fine and works until the computer is locked or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanKellett, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Surface Keyboard connection issues

I have a Surface Keyboard connected to a Macbook running Windows 10 via bootcamp. The keyboard pairs fine and works until the computer is locked or goes to sleep - then the OS stops responding to any keystroke while Windows reports that the keyboard is still connected in Bluetooth settings. To get the keyboard working again, I remove the device and re-pair it.

I have a Logitech MX Master 2 mouse connected via BT which works without issue.

I've asked for some help on the Apple community boards, but haven't got anywhere over there. I've posted a bunch of screenshots that might help here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251739116?login=true&page=2

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

:)

DanKellett, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Roger Win User
    MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Eric_747 Win User

Surface Keyboard connection issues

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

Thanks. Answers below:

• Does the issue occur when using the keyboard on another Windows 10 computer?
    I have not tried on another computer.

• When the computer freezes, have you checked if you can move the mouse pointer or if you can type using the built-in keyboard of your laptop?
    No I cannot move the mouse pointer or type with the built-in keyboard of the laptop.

• Does the issue occur when using the built-in keyboard of your laptop?
    No, only when "waking" the surface ergonomic laptop after not using for a few minutes.

• What is the model of your laptop?
    It's a Dell Latitude 6330

Eric_747, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Surface Keyboard connection issues

1. Surface Keyboard connection issues - Similar Threads - Surface Keyboard connection

2. Keyboard Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Connection Issues: Hi, My L5V-00001 Ergonomic Full-size Wireless Sculpt Desktop Wireless USB Keyboard has not been working properly. I connects to the dongle for like 10 minutes and then disconnects. I have to take out the batteries and then it will work again for like 10 min and disconnect....
  3. Keyboard Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Connection Issues: Hi, My L5V-00001 Ergonomic Full-size Wireless Sculpt Desktop Wireless USB Keyboard has not been working properly. I connects to the dongle for like 10 minutes and then disconnects. I have to take out the batteries and then it will work again for like 10 min and disconnect....
  4. Keyboard Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Surface keyboard pairing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface keyboard pairing issues: A user has two surface keyboards, one at work, the other at home. They are identical and are set up to use Bluetooth. It seems that every time the user moves her laptop from work to home keyboards, she has to re-pair both the mouse and keyboard for them to work. Both sets of...
  6. Surface keyboard pairing issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface keyboard pairing issues: A user has two surface keyboards, one at work, the other at home. They are identical and are set up to use Bluetooth. It seems that every time the user moves her laptop from work to home keyboards, she has to re-pair both the mouse and keyboard for them to work. Both sets of...
  7. Surface keyboard pairing issues

8. Pairing Issue with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

Pairing Issue with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard: My computer finds this keyboard when I attempt to pair a new device. When asked to enter pairing code on keyboard, it does not work. I don't see any characters being entered on my computer. Would anyone know what could be causing this? I have installed brand new batteries....
  9. Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro

Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro: I cannot get my keyboard to connect anymore to my surface pro 4. I re-set to default but this didn't help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-keyboard-to-surface-4-pro/b51b8035-a4b2-4f33-9640-17bf07822dc9
  10. Microsoft Surface Keyboard Connection Issue

Microsoft Surface Keyboard Connection Issue: I have a Surface Book which I use with a Microsoft docking station and a Microsoft Surface Keyboard. Whenever I use the Surface Book away from the docking station and Microsoft Surface Keyboard, the Microsoft Surface Keyboard will not reconnect. It is paired=, but will not...