Windows 10: Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here

Discus and support Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro v1909 Today I got offered on Windows Update: Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0 Ready to download when I am not on a Metered Connection In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TV2, Sep 27, 2020.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here

Windows 10 Pro v1909

Today I got offered on Windows Update:
    Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0
    Ready to download when I am not on a Metered Connection

In Devices I have a "Digital Media Keyboard" , no Surface Keyboard listed.

What do I do with this thing?

:)

2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Roger Win User
    MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Sep 27, 2020
  4. S.cloris Win User

Surface Pro not recognizing keyboard

you can try the following suggestions:

1. Restart Surface

Restart (don't shut down) your Surface. Select the Start button, then select Power > Restart.

1. If you have a Type Cover, detach and reattach it

a. Unplug your Surface and detach the Cover.

b. Wet a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol. (Use 95% or stronger isopropyl alcohol if possible.) Rub the cotton swab back and forth over the six circular magnets on the Type Cover's connector. After you're done, make sure the pins are dry and that no cotton fibers remain on the connector. Then clean the connector on your Surface.

c. Reattach the Cover, making sure that all the magnets touch the bottom edge of your Surface.

1. Reinstall the Surface Cover driver
      If shutting down doesn't fix the problem, try reinstalling the driver for your Surface Cover.

a. Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and select Device Manager in the results.

b. Expand Keyboards.

c. Right-click Surface Type Cover Filter Device.

d. Select Uninstall > OK.

e. Restart your Surface. It'll automatically download and install the Surface Cover driver the next time you connect to the Internet.

S.cloris, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here - Similar Threads - Surface Keyboard driver

2. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface keyboard recovery: I accidentally deleted my surface keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth mouse isnt working. My bluetooth keyboard works but only the up and down arrows. I am unable to restart...
  3. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface keyboard recovery: I accidentally deleted my surface keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth mouse isnt working. My bluetooth keyboard works but only the up and down arrows. I am unable to restart...
  4. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Keyboard problem

Surface Keyboard problem: My surface keyboard goes berserk and keeps repeating a character or a sequence like this aaaaasaaaaaaas. It goes on and on. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-keyboard-problem/f96efa26-88e0-42ef-ba0c-85f5b85cc5e1
  6. What is the "Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0" Driver?

What is the "Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0" Driver?: Running v1909 on the first system in my specs. Keyboard: Microsoft KC-0405 - wired. Windows Update is nagging me to install the Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0 Driver. Now I checked and this driver seems to be for a wireless keyboard filter, but I could be wrong. I went into...
  7. Surface Keyboard connection issues

Surface Keyboard connection issues: I have a Surface Keyboard connected to a Macbook running Windows 10 via bootcamp. The keyboard pairs fine and works until the computer is locked or goes to sleep - then the OS stops responding to any keystroke while Windows reports that the keyboard is still connected in...
  8. My surface keyboard is not working

My surface keyboard is not working: Few days before some keys where not working at somes.But now the whole keyboard is not working.Please reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-keyboard-is-not-working/45875e51-6c5b-498c-89e6-a0fe4a726957
  9. Surface Pro 3 keyboard

Surface Pro 3 keyboard: Hi there My Surface Pro 3 cover keyboard has stopped working after a Windows 10 update. Has anyone found the solution to this apparently widespread problem yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-keyboard/d9085692-3014-43a2-bd74-fc8b62d2b4b3
  10. Windows surface keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows surface keyboard: How do I access emojis and special characters (accents, etc.)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-surface-keyboard/2135ca6e-539c-4638-889d-051122dd9769