Windows 10: Surface Keyboard Goes horribly wrong.

Discus and support Surface Keyboard Goes horribly wrong. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I wipemy keyboard without turing it off and hit multipe keys at the same time and now the keyboard is screwed. When I hit 'K', either '14K' or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChauOcean, Feb 21, 2019.

1. ChauOcean Win User

Surface Keyboard Goes horribly wrong.

So I wipemy keyboard without turing it off and hit multipe keys at the same time and now the keyboard is screwed. When I hit 'K', either '14K' or '14k' followed by a bunch of random things will show up. The 'W' key will lower the brightness of the computer. I tried to restart, it wont work. I tried to uninstall the key in device manager, it wont work. I looked at the laguage setting, is English. I tried to recover and reset my computer, it wont work either. Anything else I can do?

:)

ChauOcean, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Keyboard Goes horribly wrong. - Similar Threads - Surface Keyboard Goes

2. Wrong keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong keyboards: Hello, A couple of days ago I re-installed my PC and during the installation I installed wrong kinds of keyboards and now I cannot remove them.The keyboards I installed were these ones:I have tried using the Device Manager to remove languages, RegEdit changes, tried running...
  3. Wrong keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong keyboards: Hello, A couple of days ago I re-installed my PC and during the installation I installed wrong kinds of keyboards and now I cannot remove them.The keyboards I installed were these ones:I have tried using the Device Manager to remove languages, RegEdit changes, tried running...
  4. Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Today I got offered on Windows Update: Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0 Ready to download when I am not on a Metered Connection In Devices I have a "Digital Media Keyboard" , no Surface Keyboard listed. What do I do with this thing? 165335
  5. reset my Microsoft surface laptop, now everything is horrible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    reset my Microsoft surface laptop, now everything is horrible: I recently decided to reset my microsoft surface laptop and now I have no clue what’s happening. When I first turned it on, it was on a user login. It didn’t give me an option to create an account, so I just changed it to administrator, and tried to make a new account, but...
  6. Reset my microsoft surface laptop, now everything is horrible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset my microsoft surface laptop, now everything is horrible: Please help me. I recently decided to reset my microsoft surface laptop and now I have no clue what’s happening. When I first turned it on, it was on a user login. It didn’t give me an option to create an account, so I just changed it to administrator, now that I have it on,...
  7. Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book now emits this horrible, eerie noise coming from Surface Book: Hi, So I've had a Surface Book for a couple of years (Windows 10 Pro, i5 8GB / 256GB), and it has started making this God-awful eerie screeching sound whenever the volume is up. The noise goes away when the volume is lowered, and it gets louder when I raise the volume. I...
  8. Hard drive activation gone horribly wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive activation gone horribly wrong: I accidentally made a secondary hdd (not my mai one) active. the storage of that hdd has now gone down to 244gb and shows no files??? is there any way i can reverse all of this??...
  9. 17 ways the Internet of Things can go horribly wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    17 ways the Internet of Things can go horribly wrong: Just in case you've run out of things to worry about......*sarc Rapid growth in the "Internet of Things" space means two things. First, it means that everything we own will soon be Internet-connected. Second, it means that hackers will soon have access to everything we...
  10. My Partitions Are Horribly Wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Partitions Are Horribly Wrong: So I have had this computer for ever so I don't really know how this happened. I want to delete a partiton on my hard drive but in Disk Management it shows that the partition I want to delete has got system and is active. On the current partition I use also has Boot, Page...