Windows 10: Surface keyboard pairing issues

Discus and support Surface keyboard pairing issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A user has two surface keyboards, one at work, the other at home. They are identical and are set up to use Bluetooth. It seems that every time the user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daleos, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Daleos Win User

Surface keyboard pairing issues

A user has two surface keyboards, one at work, the other at home. They are identical and are set up to use Bluetooth. It seems that every time the user moves her laptop from work to home keyboards, she has to re-pair both the mouse and keyboard for them to work. Both sets of mouse and keyboard have different entries in Bluetooth devices so it's not as though they're trying to share a device config.Anyone know what is going on and can suggest a fix?Dell XPS 13 if that makes any difference.

:)

Daleos, Nov 3, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Nov 3, 2021
  3. Janette_Z Win User
    how to pair a wireless desktop900 to a surface pro 4

Hi, francescostarace1!

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community. We are sorry to learn you have issues with your Wireless Desktop 900 getting paired and connected to your Surface Pro 4. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this.

To troubleshoot the issue, please follow these steps:

• Check for Windows Update:
    Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates

Please restart your device to apply the updates.

• Pair your keyboard and mouse.
    1. Press and hold the pairing button on your mouse or keyboard for 5-7 seconds, then let the button go. The light will blink to show that they are discoverable. The pairing button is usually on the bottom of the accessory.
    2. On your PC, select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
    3. Make sure Bluetooth is on, then select Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth. Choose your mouse or keyboard from the list of devices. Follow any other instructions if
      they appear, then select Done.

If this answers your question, please let our Community know by marking this post as an answer. Otherwise, don't hesitate to respond to this thread if there’s anything else that needs to be addressed.

Kind regards,

Janette_Z, Nov 3, 2021
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here

Windows 10 Pro v1909

Today I got offered on Windows Update:
    Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0
    Ready to download when I am not on a Metered Connection

In Devices I have a "Digital Media Keyboard" , no Surface Keyboard listed.

What do I do with this thing?

Thema:

1. Surface keyboard pairing issues - Similar Threads - Surface keyboard pairing

2. Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Keyboard 7N9-00028 pairing issue: While pairing my laptop Windows 11, my laptop detects the keyboard and provided a numerical paring code. I tried typing in this 6 digit code in the keyboard and press enter, but it seem there is no feedback and unable to pair. Have tried multiple times and removing batteries...
  3. Designer Compact Keyboard multiple pairing issue...

Designer Compact Keyboard multiple pairing issue...: I am using 3 devices connected to this keyboard. If I pair the keyboard to another device using Fn+F1, it is not detected in the settings even though it has been connected previously. To be precise, the settings window does not say 'Connected', but instead says 'Paired'. So...
  4. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Bluetooth Keyboard will not pair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Bluetooth Keyboard will not pair...: This keyboard Model: Microsoft-3RA-00022 was paired, and working fine. I needed to use it on another device, so paired it with the other device, and it worked fine.Now, after disconnecting it with the other device, it will no longer pair with ANY device.Please note: It powers...
  5. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Bluetooth Keyboard will not pair...

Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Bluetooth Keyboard will not pair...: This keyboard Model: Microsoft-3RA-00022 was paired, and working fine. I needed to use it on another device, so paired it with the other device, and it worked fine.Now, after disconnecting it with the other device, it will no longer pair with ANY device.Please note: It powers...
  6. Surface keyboard pairing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface keyboard pairing issues: A user has two surface keyboards, one at work, the other at home. They are identical and are set up to use Bluetooth. It seems that every time the user moves her laptop from work to home keyboards, she has to re-pair both the mouse and keyboard for them to work. Both sets of...
  7. Surface keyboard pairing issues

Surface keyboard pairing issues: A user has two surface keyboards, one at work, the other at home. They are identical and are set up to use Bluetooth. It seems that every time the user moves her laptop from work to home keyboards, she has to re-pair both the mouse and keyboard for them to work. Both sets of...
  8. Surface Keyboard won't pair to Win10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Keyboard won't pair to Win10 Laptop: I have a Surface Keyboard, when I try to pair it to my laptop I enter the PIN-code on the laptop and press enter to which it says "Pin code wrong. Please try again." or something along those lines. I have tried with 3 different laptops. I have checked all to make sure...
  9. Surface Keyboard connection issues

Surface Keyboard connection issues: I have a Surface Keyboard connected to a Macbook running Windows 10 via bootcamp. The keyboard pairs fine and works until the computer is locked or goes to sleep - then the OS stops responding to any keystroke while Windows reports that the keyboard is still connected in...
  10. Pairing Issue with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

Pairing Issue with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard: My computer finds this keyboard when I attempt to pair a new device. When asked to enter pairing code on keyboard, it does not work. I don't see any characters being entered on my computer. Would anyone know what could be causing this? I have installed brand new batteries....