Windows 10: Surface Keyboard problem

Discus and support Surface Keyboard problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My surface keyboard goes berserk and keeps repeating a character or a sequence like this aaaaasaaaaaaas. It goes on and on. Please help. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rajan Shastri, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Surface Keyboard problem

My surface keyboard goes berserk and keeps repeating a character or a sequence like this aaaaasaaaaaaas. It goes on and on. Please help. Thanks.

:)

Rajan Shastri, Mar 5, 2021
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here

Windows 10 Pro v1909

Today I got offered on Windows Update:
    Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0
    Ready to download when I am not on a Metered Connection

In Devices I have a "Digital Media Keyboard" , no Surface Keyboard listed.

What do I do with this thing?

3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Roger Win User

Surface Keyboard problem

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Surface Keyboard problem

1. Surface Keyboard problem - Similar Threads - Surface Keyboard problem

2. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface keyboard recovery: I accidentally deleted my surface keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth mouse isnt working. My bluetooth keyboard works but only the up and down arrows. I am unable to restart...
  3. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface keyboard recovery: I accidentally deleted my surface keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth mouse isnt working. My bluetooth keyboard works but only the up and down arrows. I am unable to restart...
  4. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Keyboard driver ready - No Surface Keyboard Here: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Today I got offered on Windows Update: Surface - Keyboard 1.0.104.0 Ready to download when I am not on a Metered Connection In Devices I have a "Digital Media Keyboard" , no Surface Keyboard listed. What do I do with this thing? 165335
  6. Touch keyboard on Surface Book 2 and wsl2 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard on Surface Book 2 and wsl2 problems: Several symbols, including the @, ~, € do not work while typing with the touch keyboard in wsl2. Has anyone else had this issue? So far it is confind tp wsl2....
  7. Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems

Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems: Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems loads of people have already mentioned the keyboard so you know that. also when brightness is on lowest setting its constantly trying to adjust. really annoying with both these problems. Couldn't believe in someone...
  8. Microsoft surface ergonomic keyboard problems reapeated key repaeating !!

Microsoft surface ergonomic keyboard problems reapeated key repaeating !!: hi ive had this keyboard a couple of months was fine at first but now its like certain keys are being held down nothign is stuck and this is random on random key presses i have the microsoft sculpt keyboard also when i plug this in its totally fine on the surface...
  9. Windows surface keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows surface keyboard: How do I access emojis and special characters (accents, etc.)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-surface-keyboard/2135ca6e-539c-4638-889d-051122dd9769
  10. Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems: Updated to Windows 10 with surprisingly few issues on my SP3. However, this is driving me crazy. I typically use my SP3 with the keyboard attached but folded under as I hold it on my lap. This means that whenever I need to type I simply tap the screen and the online keyboard...