Windows 10: Surface Laptop 2 bricked

Discus and support Surface Laptop 2 bricked in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MS needs help, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into Windows after pressing and releasing the power button/key.Actual result:Gets stuck at Windows logo with red banner at top with white lock symbol. and no, I did not set my boot policy to anything other than factory defaultTroubleshooting:1 I have waited over an hour at the same screen, it is Indefinitely halted at the

:)

MS needs help, Jan 7, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 2 bricked :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jan 7, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 11 Surface

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jan 7, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Laptop 2 bricked

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Oct. 23 Surface

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

Surface Laptop 2 bricked

1. Surface Laptop 2 bricked - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop bricked

2. windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop: So, I was installing 22h2 on a Surface go laptop. 64 gb of memory, when i was installing it, it had 6.6 gb free. It had to use a removable drive to “expand” the c: drive as it said, and the first part installing was fine, but the problem was that my mini sd card plugged into...
  3. windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop: So, I was installing 22h2 on a Surface go laptop. 64 gb of memory, when i was installing it, it had 6.6 gb free. It had to use a removable drive to “expand” the c: drive as it said, and the first part installing was fine, but the problem was that my mini sd card plugged into...
  4. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 2 bricked: Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into...
  5. Surface Laptop 2 will not hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Laptop 2 will not hibernate: My Surface Laptop goes to sleep instead of hibernating and while in sleep it is draining the battery. Anyone had the same problem and solutions? submitted by /u/lospollosakhis [link] [comments]...
  6. Bricked my Surface Pro?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bricked my Surface Pro?: I have a Surface Pro 7. I decided to change my PIN as I forgot both my PIN and my Password. I always use Windows Hello but for some reason it doesn't work sometimes and requires a PIN. Anyway, I changed my PIN successfully, and restarted my device. Now, I now cannot...
  7. Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard: What is the Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard layout in Australia. Bought one for child, but keyboard layout not match exactly. I clearly chose wrongly at setup. I have managed to change the keyboard to get it very close and useable, but still not perfect...
  8. Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones: New Surface devices, along with new innovations in Windows and Office 365, offer more performance and productivity across your whole life. Today we are proud to share four new Surface products with the world. Products built for people. We put our hearts and souls into...
  9. surface 2 laptop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface 2 laptop issues: hello, i have surface 2 laptop, win 10 O.S . its a corp laptop. every time i wake it up from hibernate, laptop stuck and CPU is 100 precent. any idea why? also sometimes when i use office with that laptop, CPU is to high. thanks...
  10. Bricked Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Bricked Laptop: Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then...