Windows 10: Surface Laptop 2 BSOD: whea_uncorrectable_error

Discus and support Surface Laptop 2 BSOD: whea_uncorrectable_error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm incredibly frustrated right now. My brand new SL2 has been BSODing all morning despite running fine since it arrived 2 days ago. I read about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eeisner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. eeisner Win User

Surface Laptop 2 BSOD: whea_uncorrectable_error

I'm incredibly frustrated right now. My brand new SL2 has been BSODing all morning despite running fine since it arrived 2 days ago.

I read about the memory leak issue and disabled the ambient light sensor driver in device manager. I downloaded the latest firmware straight from Microsoft and installed. While these have helped, the issue persists. And it must not be memory leak as there is no issue with non-paged pool memory.

I can tell the laptop is about to crash as the fans instantly go full speed. The crashes sometimes are caused/triggered by plugging into my dock and 2nd monitor. Sometimes BSODs within 30 seconds of booting, sometimes it's after using the computer for 10 minutes problem free.

BSOD error is whea_uncorrectable_error. BlueScreenView pointed to hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as the culprits...

All that is running is OneDrive, Dropbox, Slack, Skype, Adobe CC, Office, and Chrome.

I did update to 1809 overnight. Everything else is up to date to my knowledge. The computer just passed Intel's Processor Diagnostic Tool no problem.

Thoughts?

BlueScreenView Report: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar5qVOZVted4vK0GPAlH-ICwZhVL0w

Latest .dmp from C:/Windows/Minidump folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar5qVOZVted4vK0HsxGJ37dqWJMe7w

Memory.DMP file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar5qVOZVted4vK0IjJkAoloJADTdZg

:)

eeisner, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 2 BSOD: whea_uncorrectable_error :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 24

The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop (1st Gen) devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater:

[table][tr][td]Windows Update History Name[/td] [td]Device Manager Name[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Surface – System – 3.0.10.1[/td] [td]Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices
    • 3.0.10.1 Ensures reliability of Pen top button click on Surface Pen with no clip-on Windows 10 October 10 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Surface – HIDClass – 1.0.9.0[/td] [td]Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices
    • 1.0.9.0 Enables firmware update to Surface Pen with no clip.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Surface - System - 4.18.139.0[/td] [td]Surface Integration Service Device
    • 4.18.139.0 Improves system stability.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Surface – Firmware – 11.8.56.3522[/td] [td]Surface ME – Firmware
    • 11.8.56.3522 Improves system stability.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Surface - Firmware - 145.106.139.0[/td] [td]Surface System Aggregator
    • 145.106.139.0 Improves system stability.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Surface - Firmware - 145.106.139.0[/td] [td]Surface Touch - Firmware
    • 145.106.139.0 Improves system stability.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Surface Firmware- 137.2439.769[/td] [td]Surface UEFI - Firmware
    • 137.2439.769 Improves system stability.
    [/td] [/tr] [/table]

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop 2 BSOD: whea_uncorrectable_error - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop BSOD

2. 2 types of BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 types of BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello, so im getting a lot of BSOD's lately and I have no clue why this happens. There are two kind of BSOD's the first one and most frequent one is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and the second one less frequent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It seems to happen when im running a lot of...
  3. 2 types of BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 types of BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello, so im getting a lot of BSOD's lately and I have no clue why this happens. There are two kind of BSOD's the first one and most frequent one is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and the second one less frequent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It seems to happen when im running a lot of...
  4. bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have spent a month trying out multiple things to fix this error, yet none of it has worked, from using Windows Memory Diagnostic to resetting my pc. I have some of the errors that happened recently here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozCYWxP6q71jSflW-syxiVQUW_0?e=ZMUnCX and some...
  5. Bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have spent a month trying out multiple things to fix this error, yet none of it has worked, from using Windows Memory Diagnostic to resetting my pc. I have some of the errors that happened recently here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozCYWxP6q71jSflW-syxiVQUW_0?e=ZMUnCX and some...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD: Hello, I have been getting this BSOD error for quite a while now and have tried many "fixes". I have tried: Prime95 MEMTEST86+ Speccy to monitor temperatures furmark verifier chkdsk sfc /scannow All of these tests show no errors and temperatures are normal. Inside...
  7. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: As the title indicates I've been getting non-stop BSOD for months now and finally had the patience to do smthing about it but cant seem to fix it. I have done almost everything I can, I've done memtest86 but RAMS are not at fault, I tried different GPU but still get it, I...
  8. BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I bought this Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK laptop in September, got the occasional BSoD until I updated BIOS. Today I got 4-6 of these BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while trying to play Dota 2. I have previously run multiple programs, perhaps I've overworked the...
  9. Bsod: Whea_uncorrectable_error

Bsod: Whea_uncorrectable_error: For the past month, I have been trying to diagonose the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD. The issue started occurring after I upgraded to Windows 10 build 1151. I had updates disabled for a while, and I believe that it is some kind of chipset driver and hardware issue....
  10. BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: Hello everyone, I've recently purchased a new SSD and upon receiving it decided to do a complete wipe of my system including resetting BIOS back to default. I have two SSD's installed in my system, with the OS installed onto the old ssd. This error has been happening...