Windows 10: !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

Discus and support !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it. If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ste20man, Dec 25, 2018.

1. ste20man Win User

!! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

Hi.

Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it.

If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic keyboard, jittery screen at times, not as much fluidity since since day 1, has lost some faith in it.

Mostly I type and this thing is beautiful for it, great fo essays.

It has begun to lag a bit though,pinch and zoom not as clean as it was.

Moving through documents can cause slowdown. It's annoying. I paid a hell of a lot for this.

Haad a Asus C302CA Chromebook before this and had no artifact like this.

My mate said I should expect things like this with Windows even though it's got a lot better. He advised me to go Apple but it grates me, I've always been an android guy but am thinking of looking into it. The lure of system that just works is winning me over. Mojave or whatever, why do apple seem to do things seemlessly? Does it not bother Microsoft that they get a whoopin on design every time? It's not like that they've not got the money.

Not sure. Have installed the laters drivers and the latest patches etc. Can't believe it's slowed down and started to show such effects so soon. Thought it would happen in two years, not two months.

Have you guys got any ideas on what to do?

I can't wipe this as the OS was installed on delivery.

It's mad a good chromebook can fly past a £1200 in many ways.

What's going on in the world today?

Any ideas that would get me running smoothly would be amazing, thanks, ste.

:)

ste20man, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Oct. 23

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop

2. Cortana does not work on my surface laptop 1

in Cortana
    Cortana does not work on my surface laptop 1: After I had performed a hard reset of my surface laptop, cortana hasn't been working for me. Every time I open cortana, it makes the ui sound and says "listening..", before closing and staying active in the background. I have run troubleshooting for cortana multiple times and...
  3. Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop: I was trying to solve a Skype issue that required restarting my Microsoft Surface laptop. However I am now on my login page (which looks a little different with an internet icon indicating flight mode, an ease of access icon, and a power icon to restart or shut down, all on...
  4. Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all!: I just got my surface laptop (1st gen) yesterday and this morning at school i tried logging in and it claimed to not be able to recognize my face. It then told me my only option now was to use my pin. It then says “pin is no longer available” because of a change in my...
  5. I have a Surface Laptop (no mouse). When I'm online, the pointer (curser) disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a Surface Laptop (no mouse). When I'm online, the pointer (curser) disappear: I have a Surface Laptop (no mouse). When I'm online, the pointer (curser) disappears frequently. I can't get it back without restarting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-surface-laptop-no-mouse-when-im-online/7fb01c09-b40e-4258-93b1-fa63f5c05f90
  6. Cursor Moves On Its Own on Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Moves On Its Own on Surface Laptop: Hi, My Windows Surface Laptop is relatively new (a couple months old) but recently, I've noticed the cursor (I don't use a mouse) moving on its own to either only the top left or right corner of the screen before erratically jumping about in that same spot. So if I'm on...
  7. Second hand surface laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second hand surface laptop: We recently purchased a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop for work. It is a great product, however after using it for a week found it was incompatible with our work systems and went and purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro. We've uninstalled everything and completed a "Hard...
  8. Connecting my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 to my iPhone X.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 to my iPhone X.: My iPhone X doesn't show up in the Network listing of possible connections. The iPhone is paired with my Surface laptop and I can select it using Bluetooth but it doesn't allow for a secure network connection. Thoughts?...
  9. New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 24

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 24: The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop (1st Gen) devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – System – 3.0.10.1 Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices 3.0.10.1...
  10. Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...: The subject says it all. Recently my Surface Pro 3 died and I was forced to buy a new computer. I decided on a Lenovo as a new Surface Pro was unfortunately above my available budget. This Lenovo has windows 10 home edition pre installed and I would like to change that to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 2 keyboard winpe