Windows 10: !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

Discus and support !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it. If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ste20man, Dec 25, 2018.

1. ste20man Win User

!! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

Hi.

Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it.

If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic keyboard, jittery screen at times, not as much fluidity since since day 1, has lost some faith in it.

Mostly I type and this thing is beautiful for it, great fo essays.

It has begun to lag a bit though,pinch and zoom not as clean as it was.

Moving through documents can cause slowdown. It's annoying. I paid a hell of a lot for this.

Haad a Asus C302CA Chromebook before this and had no artifact like this.

My mate said I should expect things like this with Windows even though it's got a lot better. He advised me to go Apple but it grates me, I've always been an android guy but am thinking of looking into it. The lure of system that just works is winning me over. Mojave or whatever, why do apple seem to do things seemlessly? Does it not bother Microsoft that they get a whoopin on design every time? It's not like that they've not got the money.

Not sure. Have installed the laters drivers and the latest patches etc. Can't believe it's slowed down and started to show such effects so soon. Thought it would happen in two years, not two months.

Have you guys got any ideas on what to do?

I can't wipe this as the OS was installed on delivery.

It's mad a good chromebook can fly past a £1200 in many ways.

What's going on in the world today?

Any ideas that would get me running smoothly would be amazing, thanks, ste.

:)

ste20man, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Oct. 23

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop

2. I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...: I have a surface laptop with windows 10 not 10s. All microsoft office is working correctly except power point. i get an error that states:Powerpoint.exe-Application Error.The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005. click OK to close the application.what do I...
  3. I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...: I have a surface laptop with windows 10 not 10s. All microsoft office is working correctly except power point. i get an error that states:Powerpoint.exe-Application Error.The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005. click OK to close the application.what do I...
  4. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  5. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  6. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...: Please help resolve the crackling sound on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-the-sound-crackling-on-surface/5a1a7d45-0eb5-4bc7-825e-897998e5c348
  8. How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...

How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...: Please help resolve the crackling sound on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-the-sound-crackling-on-surface/5a1a7d45-0eb5-4bc7-825e-897998e5c348
  9. Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!: Frustrating.I downloaded the Surface 3 Laptop Recovery Firmware image .zip and extract fine. But when I copy it to USB, it gets stuck on this STUPID .swm file.I've tried different downloaders, thinking perhaps the file is being corrupt when downloading, but no, it extracts...
  10. Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!

Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!: Frustrating.I downloaded the Surface 3 Laptop Recovery Firmware image .zip and extract fine. But when I copy it to USB, it gets stuck on this STUPID .swm file.I've tried different downloaders, thinking perhaps the file is being corrupt when downloading, but no, it extracts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 2 keyboard winpe