Windows 10: !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

Discus and support !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it. If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ste20man, Dec 25, 2018.

1. ste20man Win User

!! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

Hi.

Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it.

If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic keyboard, jittery screen at times, not as much fluidity since since day 1, has lost some faith in it.

Mostly I type and this thing is beautiful for it, great fo essays.

It has begun to lag a bit though,pinch and zoom not as clean as it was.

Moving through documents can cause slowdown. It's annoying. I paid a hell of a lot for this.

Haad a Asus C302CA Chromebook before this and had no artifact like this.

My mate said I should expect things like this with Windows even though it's got a lot better. He advised me to go Apple but it grates me, I've always been an android guy but am thinking of looking into it. The lure of system that just works is winning me over. Mojave or whatever, why do apple seem to do things seemlessly? Does it not bother Microsoft that they get a whoopin on design every time? It's not like that they've not got the money.

Not sure. Have installed the laters drivers and the latest patches etc. Can't believe it's slowed down and started to show such effects so soon. Thought it would happen in two years, not two months.

Have you guys got any ideas on what to do?

I can't wipe this as the OS was installed on delivery.

It's mad a good chromebook can fly past a £1200 in many ways.

What's going on in the world today?

Any ideas that would get me running smoothly would be amazing, thanks, ste.

:)

ste20man, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Oct. 23

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !! - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop

2. Need a QWERTY configuration Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 in Paris

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need a QWERTY configuration Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 in Paris: Hello! Is it possible to buy a QWERTY configuration Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 in Paris? I can't believe I am facing such a silly problem in this day and age!! Did anyone get around this typically French problem? Thanks!...
  3. New Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - June 27

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - June 27: Improvements and fixes in the update June 2019 updates June 27 release The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop (1st Gen) devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface –...
  4. New Surface Laptop 2 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - June 27

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Laptop 2 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - June 27: Improvements and fixes in the update June 2019 updates June 27 release The following updates are available for all Surface Laptop 2 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – Firmware –...
  5. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: small problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: small problems: My Pin Changes randomly I've always set it to "AABC" (not using actual numbers for privacy) but after only a week or 2 every time I try to go in through pin and it says incorrect pin, I've used Malwarebytes to check for any viruses which I don't have any, this is only a small...
  6. How do I change the administrator on my 2019 Microsoft Surface laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the administrator on my 2019 Microsoft Surface laptop?: Here is my problem: I've looked at tutorials to follow the instructions on how to change the administrator on my new laptop. I just purchased the new windows surface, which obviously runs on a windows 10 home edition operating system. However, after trying these options, I...
  7. Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue: Hello All, I am having an issue with my touch pad and its driving me crazy, I turned on double tap and drag and now when I double tap lets say a scroll bar, if I get to close to the edge of the touch pad on all sides the cursor will automatically just keep moving in that...
  8. Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell: Dell laptop running W10 doesn't see Surface running W10 on same home wifi. Surface sees Dell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-running-w10-doesnt-see-surface-running/768b37ba-9fee-425e-9cc0-a14a839503b8
  9. Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot: Hi there, I left my computer on earlier today and just went to use it. It appears the laptop has rebooted. It is showing a black screen (like a normal restart), with the Windows logo / 4 boxes is in the center of the screen, and on the bottom right is an icon that looks...
  10. Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?: I have an Apple USB B to Ethernet adapter that I used on my Mac before I purchased my surface, it works perfectly well on my Apple product but not on my surface. Is there a driver I can apply to make it work?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 2 keyboard winpe