Windows 10: surface laptop 2 keyboard & touch screen stopped working after automatic software update

Discus and support surface laptop 2 keyboard & touch screen stopped working after automatic software update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My surface laptop 2 running windows 10 recently booted itself, indicating a software update. Now neither the keyboard nor the touch screen works under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamHibbard, Jun 12, 2020.

1. surface laptop 2 keyboard & touch screen stopped working after automatic software update

My surface laptop 2 running windows 10 recently booted itself, indicating a software update. Now neither the keyboard nor the touch screen works under windows 10, but they still work under uefi. Something in the software update must be the cause. Please help.

:)

WilliamHibbard, Jun 12, 2020

2. Surface Pro 3 touch keyboard not appear automatically

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to update the keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Keyboard.

3. Right-click on the Keyboard driver and click on Update driver software.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Also, I suggest you to refer the below article on "How to use the Surface touch keyboard" and see if it helps.

Official Home of Microsoft Surface Computers, Laptops, PCs, 2-in-1’s & Devices – Microsoft Surface

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation

I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 (black I7 16GB Australia Model) spent an arm and a leg on it just to find it doesn’t even come pre-I staled with Windows 10 Pro (come on Microsoft, if you want to be like apple on your hardware
    prices at least supply the entire goods) so I downloaded a copy of Windows 10 Pro, created a bootable flash disk, installed Pro 64x on the surface, wiped the drives clean of course, everything is perfect EXCEPT the keyboard on the laptop no longer works...

My troubleshooting steps.

1. Bought another surface pro Laptop exactly the same fresh out of the box did a backup of the drivers and then attempted to restore them back onto the other unit. No luck keyboard still won’t work.
    2. Attempted uninstalling the keyboard devices from device manager and then updating the drivers automatically, still no luck
    3. Completed all windows updates.
    4. Download the surface diagnostics tool, no luck it just crashes every time I start it.
    5. Boot in safe mode and attempt to run the surface diagnostics tool again, same ball... still crashes.
    6. Tried re-installing windows multiple times, still the exact same issue.
    7. Purchased one of those driver update softwares, no luck just killed the machine had to reinstall windows again.

What’s the problem? Literally EVERYTHING works, just not the built in keyboard.

Keyboard works fine when booting Int EUFI

Plugging an external keyboard in works fine.

What’s next?

Jake Mathew, Jun 12, 2020
  4. surface laptop 2 keyboard & touch screen stopped working after automatic software update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

surface laptop 2 keyboard & touch screen stopped working after automatic software update

1. surface laptop 2 keyboard & touch screen stopped working after automatic software update - Similar Threads - surface laptop keyboard

2. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  3. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues: Hello there, I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop with touch screen. It works fine in the UEFI, and once I unistall and reinstall the drivers, the touch screen works.However, when I close the device manually bringing the keyboard and screen together, the touch screen stops...
  4. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues: Hello there, I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop with touch screen. It works fine in the UEFI, and once I unistall and reinstall the drivers, the touch screen works.However, when I close the device manually bringing the keyboard and screen together, the touch screen stops...
  5. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Touch screen not working Surface Laptop 2

Touch screen not working Surface Laptop 2: Computer went completely dead - would not respond to power key. Found holding power key for 10 seconds and it came back to life, but subsequently found touch screen no longer works. All win 10 and firmware updates applied. Booted holding vol+ and power key for 30 seconds and...
  7. Surface Go 2: Touch Keyboard does not appear automatically in OneNote 2016

Surface Go 2: Touch Keyboard does not appear automatically in OneNote 2016: I just bought a Surface Go 2, and am running OneNote 2016, and am encountering a few issues. Namely, the keyboard does not show up in tablet mode when a device keyboard is not attached. I've tried both of the troubleshooting suggestions in this thread to no avail:...
  8. Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard: What is the Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard layout in Australia. Bought one for child, but keyboard layout not match exactly. I clearly chose wrongly at setup. I have managed to change the keyboard to get it very close and useable, but still not perfect...
  9. Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation

Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 (black I7 16GB Australia Model) spent an arm and a leg on it just to find it doesn’t even come pre-I staled with Windows 10 Pro (come on Microsoft, if you want to be like apple on your hardware prices at least supply the entire goods) so I...
  10. Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users

Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users: I have had a strange issue that I can reproduce with Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. If I log in as user 1 and use it for a bit, then switch to user two. The touch screen and pen stop working. I have the keyboard cover with mouse and that still works. If I switch back to user...