Windows 10: Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard

Discus and support Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is the Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard layout in Australia. Bought one for child, but keyboard layout not match exactly. I clearly chose wrongly at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrendanQueenan, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard

What is the Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard layout in Australia.

Bought one for child, but keyboard layout not match exactly. I clearly chose wrongly at setup. I have managed to change the keyboard to get it very close and useable, but still not perfect

:)

BrendanQueenan, Oct 29, 2019

2. Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation

I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 (black I7 16GB Australia Model) spent an arm and a leg on it just to find it doesn’t even come pre-I staled with Windows 10 Pro (come on Microsoft, if you want to be like apple on your hardware
    prices at least supply the entire goods) so I downloaded a copy of Windows 10 Pro, created a bootable flash disk, installed Pro 64x on the surface, wiped the drives clean of course, everything is perfect EXCEPT the keyboard on the laptop no longer works...

My troubleshooting steps.

1. Bought another surface pro Laptop exactly the same fresh out of the box did a backup of the drivers and then attempted to restore them back onto the other unit. No luck keyboard still won’t work.
    2. Attempted uninstalling the keyboard devices from device manager and then updating the drivers automatically, still no luck
    3. Completed all windows updates.
    4. Download the surface diagnostics tool, no luck it just crashes every time I start it.
    5. Boot in safe mode and attempt to run the surface diagnostics tool again, same ball... still crashes.
    6. Tried re-installing windows multiple times, still the exact same issue.
    7. Purchased one of those driver update softwares, no luck just killed the machine had to reinstall windows again.

What’s the problem? Literally EVERYTHING works, just not the built in keyboard.

Keyboard works fine when booting Int EUFI

Plugging an external keyboard in works fine.

What’s next?

Jake Mathew, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Jan. 11 Surface

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard

1. Surface Laptop 2 Keyboard - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Keyboard

2. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 2 bricked: Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into...
  3. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 2 bricked: Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into...
  4. Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 with AZERTY to QWERTY keyboard.: Hello,I have SB2 with AZERTY Keyboard and I saw that it is not that hard to swap the physical keys on the keyboard, of course at my own risk. My question is if I do this, do I ruin my guarantee and if someday something happens to the laptop and a replacement is needed, can I...
  5. Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2

Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2: Looking for a gadget or gizmo that will allow my USB wired old skool keyboard and/or mouse communicate with a Surface Go 2. It has a usb-c jack.. It has wi-fi and bluetooth. Maybe a std usb hub that uses a usb-c plug that will plug into the computer? -thank you 175883
  6. Surface Laptop 2 will not hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Laptop 2 will not hibernate: My Surface Laptop goes to sleep instead of hibernating and while in sleep it is draining the battery. Anyone had the same problem and solutions? submitted by /u/lospollosakhis [link] [comments]...
  7. Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation

Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 (black I7 16GB Australia Model) spent an arm and a leg on it just to find it doesn’t even come pre-I staled with Windows 10 Pro (come on Microsoft, if you want to be like apple on your hardware prices at least supply the entire goods) so I...
  8. Surface Pro 2 Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 2 Keyboard: My keyboard won't type, nor will touchpad work. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the cover twice but still get alert that something's wrong with driver. Where do I go from here? Can I replace the driver? I'm current on Win 10 updates. I've cleaned contacts. Help!...
  9. Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones

in Windows 10 News
    Meet Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Headphones: New Surface devices, along with new innovations in Windows and Office 365, offer more performance and productivity across your whole life. Today we are proud to share four new Surface products with the world. Products built for people. We put our hearts and souls into...
  10. surface 2 laptop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface 2 laptop issues: hello, i have surface 2 laptop, win 10 O.S . its a corp laptop. every time i wake it up from hibernate, laptop stuck and CPU is 100 precent. any idea why? also sometimes when i use office with that laptop, CPU is to high. thanks...