Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3 Crash/Froze while streaming video in Chrome

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 Crash/Froze while streaming video in Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Surface Laptop 3 had suddenly froze while I was watching a video in Chrome with no mouse/keyboard interaction- it just happened suddenly. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KelHo1, Jun 30, 2020.

1. KelHo1 Win User

Surface Laptop 3 Crash/Froze while streaming video in Chrome

My Surface Laptop 3 had suddenly froze while I was watching a video in Chrome with no mouse/keyboard interaction- it just happened suddenly.

I have not had the laptop for very long about a month only now and the only things I have installed on the laptop are:

Office 365

Steam Client Dota 2 installed

Valorant FPS from Riot Games

Kaspersky Internet Shield

Logitech Gaming Software

Intel Graphic Command Centre

Google Docs/Sheets/Slides

Chrome

CPUID HWMonitor

CPUID CPU-Z

VLC

I investigated this matter after the reboot press and hold power key for 10secs and found the following error under the reliability monitor report:

Source

Runtime Broker
    Summary

Stopped working
    Date

‎30/‎06/‎2020 11:42 pm
    Status

Report sent
    Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
    Package Full Name: Microsoft.SurfaceHub_46.602.139.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Application Name: praid:runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.1
    Application Timestamp: 4539d5a0
    Fault Module Name: Windows.ApplicationModel.Store.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.900
    Fault Module Timestamp: a2114f65
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000000000000c14b
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: 86fb
    Additional Information 2:
    86fbe2649af1df0b51ef8fd34642cba9
    Additional Information 3:
    b049
    Additional Information 4:
    b0491bdc01f3b19b85e5d62d2d38679f
    Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 808a4ec9fd0e03111e2b5d98d4548bfe 2173934156115119102

And

Previous to this event, earlier in the day it ran into the following issue as well:

Source

bad_module_info

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎30/‎06/‎2020 3:34 pm

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: bad_module_info

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: bad_module_info

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 00000000

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0000

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: PCH_84

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: 0000

Additional Information 2: 00000000000000000000000000000000

Additional Information 3: 0000

Additional Information 4: 00000000000000000000000000000000

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 0758bc351100ecb0a46f1e72d1780692 120858127557

Just wondering if there is any solution to the above? I have had it crashed once so I hope not to have it crashed again or have the underlying issue progress further.

There are also times where I close the lid which puts it into sleep only to find the laptop has an inability to wake again so I have to resort to hard reboot.

Any help of the issues above would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KelHo1, Jun 30, 2020

2. Issue with streaming videos using Google Chrome.

Original title: please help with my Continued Flash Crash nightmare

I am having a problem with constant crashing of Flash while streaming video. Before a host of people chime in with their solutions let me preface this with this... I have been trying to find a solution to this problem so before adding the ususal responses
    listed on line please read below what I have already tried.

1. Computer is 3 months old and running windows 10 since starting.

2. I am running the latest versions of Windows, Chrome, Flash and Mozilla (I tried mozilla and the crash happens also)

3. I DO NOT HAVE TWO COPIES OF FLASH

4. I have disabled and re-enabled Flash. It still crashes, and I also deleted it and re-downloaded it.

5. I have tried deleting Flash and restarting the computer, then allowing it to automatically download the latest version.

6. It mainly affects the streaming video and constantly crashes while I am watching things. It does not kill Facebook like many other users with this problem have reported.

Does anyone have any new suggestions? Everything I have tried is listed repeatedly through every source. None of them explain what to do with the windows 10 + Chrome issue when there's no second copy of Flash.

DeaconO'Connor, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with streaming videos using Google Chrome.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you to fix the issue with streaming online videos.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you face any issue while watching online videos in Internet Explorer?

This issue could have occurred due to some add-ons or incorrect browser settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

If you are facing this issue while playing videos in Internet Explorer 11, I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue is only with Google Chrome, you may refer the article and check if it helps.

Fix videos & games that won't play - Computer - Google Chrome Help

If the issue persists, you may contact Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Google Chrome Help

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 30, 2020
  4. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop 3 Crash/Froze while streaming video in Chrome - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Crash

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  4. Computer froze while watching Youtube with Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer froze while watching Youtube with Chrome: So I'm watching youtube on windows 10 when it freezes and I hear a noise that sounds kind of like static and faint letters appear on the video. then the whole chrome window showed the letters and the noise got louder. I then shut of the pc. I want to know what happened...
  5. Computer froze while watching Youtube with Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer froze while watching Youtube with Chrome: So I'm watching youtube on windows 10 when it freezes and I hear a noise that sounds kind of like static and faint letters appear on the video. then the whole chrome window showed the letters and the noise got louder. I then shut of the pc. I want to know what happened...
  6. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year...
  7. New laptop stops extremely while streaming video?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop stops extremely while streaming video?: Good evening, my still relatively new laptop (bought about a year ago) hangs and falters extremely when streaming videos. On YouTube, as well as on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I thought it might be the browser, but with Chrome and Internet Explorer it hangs all the time. I've...
  8. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  9. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  10. Amazon prime video streaming problem in Chrome on Surface pro6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Amazon prime video streaming problem in Chrome on Surface pro6: I find a very choppy quality when trying to stream on amazon prime video in Chrome on my new surface pro 6 with windows 10. I have ensured Adobe flash is enabled. It worked just fine on my previous surface pro 2017. Help appreciated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface crashes when i stream