Windows 10: Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in

Discus and support Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I have been having this problem with my Surface laptop 3 where when I play a light game (like Minecraft) with the laptop plugged in the fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 8gigLiam, Nov 17, 2019.

1. 8gigLiam Win User

Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in

Hello. I have been having this problem with my Surface laptop 3 where when I play a light game (like Minecraft) with the laptop plugged in the fans become extremely loud. However when the laptop is not plugged in the fans don't get even close to being as loud... Can someone help me solve this problem?

:)

8gigLiam, Nov 17, 2019
  2. JKaris Win User

Windows 10 fan running loud and non-stop

Since installing Windows 10 on my laptop the fan runs loud and non-stop.

I have fount that if I unplug the power cable and run from battery the fan slows down and is quiet again.

How can I have the fan run like this when the power is plugged in?

Thanks.

JKaris, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Loud fan exhaust sound.

After latest windows update fan exhaust sound is too loud, not even in one laptop but in 3 laptops.

Naveen Kumar India, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in

computer fan

• Carefully blow out the dust from all the vents on the sides and underneath.
    • Only use laptops on hard surfaces without any coverings on that surface.
    • If it is a rattle / clicking type noise then it will need a Technician to replace the fan and completely clean out any dust / hair or other debris that may be trapped within the laptops casings and fan assembly.

Frank N St31n, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in

1. Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in - Similar Threads - Surface laptop fans

2. Surface 3 Laptop or Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface 3 Laptop or Surface Pro 7: So I am looking to upgrade my Surface pro 4 to either the Surface pro 7 or the Surface 3 laptop. Now I play Sims 4 on my pro 4 and was just wondering between the 3 laptop and pro 7 which would be better to play sims 4 on? I will also be using it for school work mostly but I...
  3. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  4. Pre order Surface Laptop 3

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pre order Surface Laptop 3: Hi I pre ordered the surface laptop 3 and wanted to know if it was shipping on the 22nd or being delivered on the 22nd? My order says delivered on the 22nd but my card still hasn't been charged....
  5. Surface fan constantly running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface fan constantly running: my surface fan is constantly running and nothing can stop it even when all apps are closed and nothing is running but the antivirus app. only one thing turns off fan and its BATTERY SAVER mode. anyone knows how I can activate that when plugged in or what does battery saver do...
  6. fan on laptop keeps running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fan on laptop keeps running: I saw an article about crypto mining using my fan in my laptop to steal electricity from me and charge me higher electric bills, how do I find out if this is happening to me, and how do I stop it. thank you, for your help with this matter,elliott...
  7. Laptop Fan Running - Solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Fan Running - Solved: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420. Windows 10 has ran my fan almost constantly during the last year. This has stopped with the recent Windows 10 Creators Update!!! I'll put up with spending an hour restoring my custom settings on almost everything that a "Creators" update...
  8. Laptop fan suddenly loud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan suddenly loud: The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust) 103801
  9. HP Laptop Fan runs constantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Laptop Fan runs constantly: Here's my situation. It seems that after last weeks round of Windows 10 Updates, the fan on my Laptop constantly runs. I've done a lot of search on symptoms for my HP model and getting all kinds of mixed solutions and want to be sure of what to do before I start downloading...
  10. Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop: Hi I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and the laptop gets very hot but doesn't shut down. So hot in fact it is not able to be handled. I am worried about a fire. Core...