Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to reinstall Windows 10 20H2 on my Surface 3 laptop, and after Windows was done setting up, its frozen. Its frozen at the screen to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Charles Woodard, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2

Hello,

I tried to reinstall Windows 10 20H2 on my Surface 3 laptop, and after Windows was done setting up, its frozen. Its frozen at the screen to configure Windows. Touch screen doesn't work, neither does the keyboard and mouse. Tried to go back to Windows 1909, but the same thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Charles Woodard

:)

Charles Woodard, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Laptop 3 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - June 10

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Manual download:

Brink, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2

Surface 3 Clean Install

Hi Everyone

I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would there be a different process for doing this for a Surface?

I am guessing since its basically a mini laptop I would just follow the same steps? I have made a boot-able USB for this. Also would my Surface automatically activate or should I note down the product key just in case it doesn't?

Thanks

ellellell1, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2

1. Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop freezes

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3: I wiped out my surface laptop 3 using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser, not knowing that it would also wipe out the windows 10. Regardless, i have a windows 10 installer in two different USBs, and everytime i boot from either, the windows setup screen comes up...and that's...
  4. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3: I wiped out my surface laptop 3 using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser, not knowing that it would also wipe out the windows 10. Regardless, i have a windows 10 installer in two different USBs, and everytime i boot from either, the windows setup screen comes up...and that's...
  5. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. No drivers showing up after Windows 10 Install on Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No drivers showing up after Windows 10 Install on Surface Laptop 3: After reinstalling windows on my Surface Laptop 3, none of the drivers installed. The touchscreen does not register, the keyboard does not register, and the Wifi driver does not register. I have downloaded the Surface Laptop 3 drivers but they will not install due to the...
  7. No drivers showing up after Windows 10 Install on Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No drivers showing up after Windows 10 Install on Surface Laptop 3: After reinstalling windows on my Surface Laptop 3, none of the drivers installed. The touchscreen does not register, the keyboard does not register, and the Wifi driver does not register. I have downloaded the Surface Laptop 3 drivers but they will not install due to the...
  8. No drivers showing up after Windows 10 Install on Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  10. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Freezing When Untouched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3 Screen Freezing When Untouched: My laptop is brand new about 2 days after having it, it would, and still, freezes when it is untouched for anywhere between 15 and 180 seconds. The PC will lock up and not respond to anything. It will just show the screen that it had frozen on and not do anything else until I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro3 20H2