Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; TLDR: any surface 3 hard drive solutions if too tiny. Has anyone tried an external on the surface 3? LAPTOP, not the tablet. because I have some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ItsAsurface, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade

TLDR: any surface 3 hard drive solutions if too tiny.

Has anyone tried an external on the surface 3?
    LAPTOP, not the tablet.

because I have some complaints about the size of the hard drive as it's not the default TB that you'll find to be most common on systems nowadays.
    like its the default size.

only one game from the steam store can be installed on it before you pretty much run out of space.

and i thought about an external but im not sure if you can install and boot up an .exe from it ? Like steam? while the OS runs on the machines HD?

or would I need to boot up windows from the new hard drive and that would NOW be my new hard drive if i decide to go that route?

:)

ItsAsurface, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Apr 13, 2020
  4. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade

1. Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Hard

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  4. No Audio on Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio on Surface Laptop 3: Hi, Not to long ago I opened up my surface laptop 3 to do some work, and after doing so, I noticed that there wasn't any audio coming out through the Laptop's speakers. I verified that the volume wasn't muted, reinstalled drivers, and made sure that there...
  5. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year...
  6. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  7. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 doesn't recognize my Seagate external portable hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 doesn't recognize my Seagate external portable hard drive: My device shows up in device manager > disk drives and it says this device is working properly. But I can't seem to locate the folder and my files within? Should it be showing up under this PC > Local Disk C:? Could someone please provide some guide to this. I've tested this...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 feet

Surface Laptop 3 feet: Hi, i got my Surface Laptop 3 about 2 weeks ago and i'm wondering if i go into a Microsoft Store and try to get replacement feet as seen in other questions and answers where people say going to a Microsoft store would work, would the person who is trying to get replacement...
  9. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  10. Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive

Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive: Last year I bought a windows 10 laptop from a high street store. It has become a bit slow and I want to upgrade its HDD to a solid state one. I want to ideally transfer all my files over too. I will no longer be using the old HDD. So how do I do this? I didn't get any media...