Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm puzzled with this problem for a couple of days now. I have a Surface Laptop 3 with Intel processor. Last week all of a sudden my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IndusLogic, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working

Hi all,

I'm puzzled with this problem for a couple of days now.

I have a Surface Laptop 3 with Intel processor.

Last week all of a sudden my integrated camera stopped working during a Zoom conference call.

At first the image turned into red and green pixelated, a couple of moment later it turned into a black image.

The sound continued working, but no image anymore.

The led to signal if the camera is on does light up.

Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working b6d0c2fa-4eac-42c6-95ec-e3905d4106c6?upload=true.png

I have also tried using skype and the Windows camera app and they all show a black image, no error code at all.

Hardware ID:

• USB\VID_045E&PID_0990&REV_1037&MI_00
    • USB\VID_045E&PID_0990&MI_00

Driver:

• ksthunk.sys version 10.0.1832.1 Winbuild 160101.0800
    • SecureUSBVideo.dll version 10.0.18362.815
    • usbvideo.sys version 10.0.18362.815
    • WdmCompanionFilter.sys version 10.0.18362.815

I have already tried the following:

• Checked for recent updates that were installed none that day
    • Checked privacy permissions
    • Disabled all permissions, except for camera app
    • Update device driver automatically
    • Update device driver manually
    • Uninstall device and 'check for hardware changes'
    • Reset PC keeping files
    • Reset PC removing files
    • Complete fresh install

Still the camera gives a black image without any error code.

Next to this I have noticed now that the IR camera also has issues and shows multiple images when trying to set up the Biometric Facial Recognition see below.

No idea if it has anything to do with the Camera issue.

Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working a285667e-bc5b-4138-af8d-3433344d2352?upload=true.png

:)

IndusLogic, Apr 28, 2020

2. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 3 integrated cameras not working

Hi, Jason

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

As you have stated that you have tried the in build troubleshooter as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the camera app, which did not help. I would suggest that instead of using the Camera app, you try to open the camera via the software that originally
    came with Surface Pro 3 and check if the camera is functioning properly.

If the issue persist through the software as well then I would suggest that you visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for your camera and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working

integrated laptop camera not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that laptop camera is not working.

This could be due to hardware conflicts.

Do you get any error code or error messages?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to install/update the drivers for integrated webcam from the device manager. Kindly refer the below given link to do so:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode
    and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working

1. Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Integrated

2. Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work: Hello,for some quite time my camera doesn't work. I already install new driver but it still isn't working properly. I work on Windows 11, 64 version. I have no idea what can be wrong....
  3. Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work: Hello,for some quite time my camera doesn't work. I already install new driver but it still isn't working properly. I work on Windows 11, 64 version. I have no idea what can be wrong....
  4. integrated camera not working

integrated camera not working: My integrated webcam for my Lenovo laptop is not working now. Was working last month. I have gone through all troubleshooting and uninstalled and reinstalled driver. Still no help. Anyone having this issue or have a suggestion? No external switch to turn on and off camera and...
  5. Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3: In my Surface laptop 3 not sure why speakers are not working, after troubleshooting i am getting following error. What do I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working-in-surface-laptop-3/5a0c8c81-331e-4223-a665-1ab8014aaa13
  6. Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3: In my Surface laptop 3 not sure why speakers are not working, after troubleshooting i am getting following error. What do I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working-in-surface-laptop-3/5a0c8c81-331e-4223-a665-1ab8014aaa13
  7. Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3

8. Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera not working on Microsoft Surface 3: Hello, Out of the blue, my camera stopped working. It was working fine yesterday, so it's a surprise that it is not working now. As a result, I am unable to the facial recognition to log into my laptop, nor am I able to use zoom or the camera app. When I opened the camera...
  9. surface pro 3 camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3 camera: During video taking, the screen is black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-camera/d3ecabfe-0c3b-45dc-92b4-d17a0fe55c7f
  10. my laptop integrated camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop integrated camera is not working: I have brought a new laptop recently ,everything worked fine but few days ago the camera stopped working, there is a camera symbol with / over it. there isn't any error message when opened . I tried updating the drivers ,uninstalling the drivers and re-installing it ,I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface 3 laptop camera not working

2. Integrated web cam 10.0.18362.815

3. my camera will not work in zoom on my surface 3

4. 10.0.18362.815