Windows 10: Surface laptop 3 keeps freezing up and needing to force shut down

Discus and support Surface laptop 3 keeps freezing up and needing to force shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My surface laptop 3 i5/8/256 has been having frequent freezes while I was doing my work. I would be typing up a document and it would just freeze and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanLiew1, Aug 27, 2020.

1. RyanLiew1 Win User

Surface laptop 3 keeps freezing up and needing to force shut down

My surface laptop 3 i5/8/256 has been having frequent freezes while I was doing my work. I would be typing up a document and it would just freeze and not work at all. I have had to force shut down the laptop and turn it on again for it to work. I need help as soon as possible because I do not want my data to be corrupted.

:)

RyanLiew1, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface laptop 3 keeps freezing up and needing to force shut down :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Roger Win User
    MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Aug 27, 2020
  4. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface laptop 3 keeps freezing up and needing to force shut down - Similar Threads - Surface laptop keeps

2. Surface Laptop 3 keeps shutting down while plugged in and when I'm using zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 keeps shutting down while plugged in and when I'm using zoom: I've purchased the surface laptop 3 2 months back and it keeps shutting down while I'm on a zoom call and attending classes. I've done all the windows update and tool kits but it still keeps shutting down middle of the zoom class while its plugged in and the battery doesn't...
  3. Surface Laptop 3 keeps shutting down while plugged in and when I'm using zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 3 keeps shutting down while plugged in and when I'm using zoom: I've purchased the surface laptop 3 2 months back and it keeps shutting down while I'm on a zoom call and attending classes. I've done all the windows update and tool kits but it still keeps shutting down middle of the zoom class while its plugged in and the battery doesn't...
  4. My Surface Laptop Go isn’t able to be forced to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface Laptop Go isn’t able to be forced to shut down: So I was playing a game with my friends when my screen just froze on the game. It’s been 25 minutes and I’ve tried to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE and CTRL+F4 but none have worked. I’m not sure if I should wait to exhaust my laptop’s battery and hope that it shuts down and then I’ll...
  5. Computer keeps freezing then shutting down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing then shutting down...: While playing games, mainly world of warcraft my PC will randomly Freeze completely, no ctrl alt delete, no task manager no nothing.. just freezes then either both monitors go different colours and resets, or I need to forcefully shutdown my pc. My in-game world of warcraft...
  6. Surface Pro 3 won't start unless I force it to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 3 won't start unless I force it to shut down: I don't know if this is a Surface or a Windows issue but started happening after the most recent Windows update so I am assuming it is the latter.Every night I switch my Surface pro 3 off using Start / Power / Shutdown and the computer appears to shut down normally.When I...
  7. surface 3 laptop not shutting down completely

surface 3 laptop not shutting down completely: My surface 3 laptop is not shutting down completely. when I shut it down, I get the blue shutdown screen, then the black blank screen, and I think it is shut down and I close the lid. but when I come back to my laptop minutes after, it would be boiling hot, with the lid...
  8. Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Keeps Freezing then shutting down: Good evening, I have had this problem approximately 3/4months after I purchased my laptop. My laptop will freeze (it will turn what ever colour is the main propotion of the colour on the screen at that specifici time and on running the error report I get this error:-...
  9. Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.

Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.: Hello, I have had this problem since day one with windows 10 and its about to force me back to windows 7. Random times when working on my laptop it will just freeze. If there is something playing be it music or youtube it will make a god awful noise through the speakers....
  10. Can't startup after freeze and force shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't startup after freeze and force shut down: Windows 10 froze suddenly when I went through the search results tabs of a search done on torrent-finder.info. I was using Firefox (latest version). My fear is that I may have come across a dodgy website which caused the freeze. My Keepass Passwords Database was open at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 3 freezes randomly

2. surface pro 3 keeps freezing