Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Track Pad not working

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Track Pad not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had just finished using my well-functioning Surface Laptop 3, and when I had closed to work on other things. Afterward I had come back to the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JakeL40, Feb 7, 2020.

1. JakeL40 Win User

Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Track Pad not working

I had just finished using my well-functioning Surface Laptop 3, and when I had closed to work on other things. Afterward I had come back to the laptop and the keyboard and track pad were not responding whatsoever. The only button that does respond is the power button. I connected an external keyboard and mouse to it for the time being, but need it fixed soon. Please help.

Model: Surface Laptop 3 8gb RAM 128gb storage 13.5 in i5 intel core processor.

:)

JakeL40, Feb 7, 2020

2. Surface Type Cover Pro 4 keyboard not working after Update, backlight and track pad work

I have tried every fix offered by Microsoft and those I could find on the internet.

After a recent update, my Surface Type Cover keyboard stopped working. The backlight and track pad work fine.

ToniBiancardi, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Roger Win User
    MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

• Leave Surface Pro 3 on about 2 hours on battery only.
    • Power on Surface Pro 3.
    • Working Keyboard.
    • Turn off Surface Pro 3 (or reboot)
    • Keyboard not working anymore
    • Another similar user here - Surface 3 type cover issue

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Feb 7, 2020
  4. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Track Pad not working - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Keyboard

2. Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Mouse Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Mouse Have Stopped Working: My laptop 3 keyboard has stopped working since yesterday. In Device Manager, there's a yellow exclamation mark next to "surface keyboard" under "Firmware". The property says " This device cannot work properly until you restart your computer Code 10. Firmware update was...
  3. Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Mouse Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Mouse Have Stopped Working: My laptop 3 keyboard has stopped working since yesterday. In Device Manager, there's a yellow exclamation mark next to "surface keyboard" under "Firmware". The property says " This device cannot work properly until you restart your computer Code 10. Firmware update was...
  4. Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad: I'm on a laptop and I want to disable the keyboard and trackpad on in because I'm using external ones through a USB connection. How can I do that?...
  5. Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad

Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad: I'm on a laptop and I want to disable the keyboard and trackpad on in because I'm using external ones through a USB connection. How can I do that?...
  6. Surface laptop 3 keyboard won’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3 keyboard won’t work: Hi, I have the surface laptop 3 and recently my keyboard completely stopped working except for the power button. But in the device manager it said that there was an error with the surface keyboard firmware update and I tried to update it and restart my laptop, I tried to...
  7. Surface laptop 3 keyboard won’t work

Surface laptop 3 keyboard won’t work: Hi, I have the surface laptop 3 and recently my keyboard completely stopped working except for the power button. But in the device manager it said that there was an error with the surface keyboard firmware update and I tried to update it and restart my laptop, I tried to...
  8. Mouse and track pad stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and track pad stopped working: I was coding using python on my laptop and my usb mouse shut off. I tried plugging it into other usb ports and it wouldn’t work. My trackpad is also not working at all and won’t respond to me sliding or pressing it. How can I fix this?...
  9. Surface Type Cover Pro 4 keyboard not working after Update, backlight and track pad work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Type Cover Pro 4 keyboard not working after Update, backlight and track pad work: I have tried every fix offered by Microsoft and those I could find on the internet. After a recent update, my Surface Type Cover keyboard stopped working. The backlight and track pad work fine....
  10. laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working: After reinstalling windows 10,my laptop's keyboard and touch pad doesn't works after 2 or 3 days. But actually turns off by itself. We have done everything but all insane.Please help me!...