Windows 10: Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.

Discus and support Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am struggling to get through the bitlocker locked surface laptop 3. It happened all of a sudden after update and I never knew about bitlocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amjadhu, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Amjadhu Win User

Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.

Hi,I am struggling to get through the bitlocker locked surface laptop 3. It happened all of a sudden after update and I never knew about bitlocker encryption. So now I do not have outlook email address that was used for login, which mean no bitlocker key. I tried everything that appears on the locked menu, but nothing worked. So i decided to sacrifice the data and use recovery usb for fresh installation. But it is also failing and getting stuck on Select Keyboard layout options in the first step. google also does not seem to help a lot. tried many things but no luck as yet. I would appreciate

:)

Amjadhu, Aug 13, 2022

2. Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3

Hi Kenjan82

I'm Wilfredo S an Independent Advisor

How to reset Surface Pro 3 with bitlocker lock out

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Locked by BitLocker on Surface Pro 3?

Hello,

I would like to inform that as it did not ask for recovery key at the time of Recovery. As you are facing Startup issue with Surface Pro 3, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the links below and check if it helps.

Surface won’t turn on, Windows won’t start, or the battery won’t charge

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...surface-wont-turn-on?os=windows-10&=undefined

Surface turns on, but Windows won’t start

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...n-windows-wont-start?os=windows-10&=undefined

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 13, 2022
  4. 舞神論 Win User

Locked by BitLocker on Surface Pro 3?

Hey guys,

I brought a two-hand Surface Pro 3 this days,

And add my Microsoft account, set in administrator,

then delete the original user with the original owner's help.

And used this SP3 for about one hour,normally.

Then, I'd want to recover my Suface Pro 3,

But it failed seems because the BitLocker on Drive C,

So I unlock it, with 10 minutes computing,

It's weird that it didn't asked me for any recover key.

Then I chose recover again, and it works.

Since it restart quickly and shows the recover progress on 40% in black-white screen,

I LEFT.

After i came back , it shuts down and wont let me start it anymore.

By the way, the power line is pluged. and the light is on.

I googled for help and tried these steps.

Press power button for 30s,

Press power button for 30s then press up volume and power button for 15s,

Plug recovery USB and press down volume and power button for 15s.

And none of them works.

Since I tried those steps,

the light of the power line seems to be flashed sometimes.

But still Nothing on screen.

Surface Logo , or something else.

NOTHING.

All my question is,

Will it locked by bitlocker in my case?

or it's just the issue of the power supply during my recovery job in coincidence?

By the way,

It's out of warranty since Feb,2016.

The only way I have,

is just spend over 10 thousands TWD for service?

or something i can do to wake up my SP3?

舞神論, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update. - Similar Threads - Surface laptop locked

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  4. Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3 locked by bitlocker, after windows update.: Hi,I am struggling to get through the bitlocker locked surface laptop 3. It happened all of a sudden after update and I never knew about bitlocker encryption. So now I do not have outlook email address that was used for login, which mean no bitlocker key. I tried everything...
  5. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year...
  6. Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with sign in and bitlocker on updated surface 3: I recently attempted to update my surface 3 from the windows 10 1501 build to the latest build. After encountering realtek usb driver issues I managed to finally get the update to finish. However, at the sign on screen clicking the sign in link for my account causes a blank...
  7. No Internet access on surface laptop 3 after updating windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet access on surface laptop 3 after updating windows: My surface laptop 3 just got udated on 12 Dec after that my latop still connected to the home wifi but no internet access. Anyone can help? Thanks...
  8. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  9. Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Locked on Surface 3: Wondering how to get rid of Bitlocker on my tablet. I went to boot it up after charging and got the Bitlocker Recovery screen. I have never set up Bitlocker and honestly had never even heard of it until this happened. My Surface is for only my use and I’m the only one who has...
  10. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...