Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The screen randomly turns black, though the back lit keyboard remains on. To fix this issue i must force shut down the laptop, though the moment it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Driver_J, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Driver_J Win User

Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

The screen randomly turns black, though the back lit keyboard remains on. To fix this issue i must force shut down the laptop, though the moment it turns off it makes a pop sound. This happens every few hours and i have noticed no trend/trigger to this issue. Really inconvenient as it closes all apps, especially frustrating when using word and all progress is lost.

Any solutions or similar problems please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

:)

Driver_J, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Laptop screen is turning black randomly

On July from last year, I bought a new Lenovo laptop. About 4 months later, my laptop screen turned black for the first time while the laptop was still running. It stopped responding and I did not find another way to turn it back on except to force shutdown
    the laptop. Now, the screen of my computer is turning off more often than before and the only way to turn it back on is to force shutdown. Is there a way to stop this or is it a hardware malfunction? It almost never happens when I am home, but at school, if
    I use my laptop for half an hour, the screen will turn off randomly. Please help me fix this issue because its getting quite annoying, especially when I'm working in school.

DavidJarufe, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

1. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Screen

2. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps randomly turn to a black screen: So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with...
  3. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps randomly turn to a black screen: So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with...
  4. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  6. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  7. My screen randomly turns black.

My screen randomly turns black.: HelloFor the past month or so I have had a problem with my screen radomly turning black. Afterwards I have to restart my computer by pressing down the power button to use it again. It moustly happens when I visit certain websites - fx facebookNow I don't have any other...
  8. Screen randomly turns black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen randomly turns black: Hello, I have my laptop for several months now but recently it showed problems with a screen. From time to time the screen turns completely black with no cursor, or anything at all, visible. Apart from that, the computer seems to be intact and running music or movies are...
  9. Surface Pro 3, black death screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 3, black death screen.: Just lost access to all of my files, pictures, etc. when automatic update for Windows gave my Surface Pro 3 black death screen. What do I need to do to recover?...
  10. Surface pro screen turns black

Surface pro screen turns black: My surface pro x has been crashing a lot lately, even after i deleted any suspicious files. The screen turns black but the audio is still running, and I’ve even restarted it but its still happening. Its very annoying, and I dont know what to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 3 randomly turning off

2. surface laptop 3 screen turning off randomly

3. microsoft surface laptop 3 turn off randomly