Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The screen randomly turns black, though the back lit keyboard remains on. To fix this issue i must force shut down the laptop, though the moment it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Driver_J, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Driver_J Win User

Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

The screen randomly turns black, though the back lit keyboard remains on. To fix this issue i must force shut down the laptop, though the moment it turns off it makes a pop sound. This happens every few hours and i have noticed no trend/trigger to this issue. Really inconvenient as it closes all apps, especially frustrating when using word and all progress is lost.

Any solutions or similar problems please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

:)

Driver_J, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Laptop screen is turning black randomly

On July from last year, I bought a new Lenovo laptop. About 4 months later, my laptop screen turned black for the first time while the laptop was still running. It stopped responding and I did not find another way to turn it back on except to force shutdown
    the laptop. Now, the screen of my computer is turning off more often than before and the only way to turn it back on is to force shutdown. Is there a way to stop this or is it a hardware malfunction? It almost never happens when I am home, but at school, if
    I use my laptop for half an hour, the screen will turn off randomly. Please help me fix this issue because its getting quite annoying, especially when I'm working in school.

DavidJarufe, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

1. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Screen

2. Windows 10 Surface 3 Laptop Random Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Surface 3 Laptop Random Restart: Hey -- I bought a new surface laptop 3 with Windows 10 three weeks ago Mid-June 2020. My laptop randomly restarts during the day, while I'm working. I thought it was just restarting because of updates but that doesn't seem to be the case. It does happen while I'm actively...
  3. Laptop screen turns black

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop screen turns black: My HP laptop Windows 10 while turning on displays a weird "Windows sign in" written screen instead of Set Lockscreen wallpaper, also when i try to enter password through keyboard the screens suddenly turns black with brightness and capslock being working, Can anyone help me...
  4. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  5. Surface Laptop 3 feet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3 feet: Hi, i got my Surface Laptop 3 about 2 weeks ago and i'm wondering if i go into a Microsoft Store and try to get replacement feet as seen in other questions and answers where people say going to a Microsoft store would work, would the person who is trying to get replacement...
  6. Surface Pro 3, black death screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 3, black death screen.: Just lost access to all of my files, pictures, etc. when automatic update for Windows gave my Surface Pro 3 black death screen. What do I need to do to recover?...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 Battery

Surface Laptop 3 Battery: Hi, I've recently bought: Microsoft 13.5 Intel Core i5 Surface Laptop 3 - 256GB - Black Advertised at 11.5 hours battery life, along with an expensive pricetag, I seem to be averaging about 5 hours of normal use litteraly microsoft edge and microsoft word. Any advice?...
  8. Surface pro screen turns black

Surface pro screen turns black: My surface pro x has been crashing a lot lately, even after i deleted any suspicious files. The screen turns black but the audio is still running, and I’ve even restarted it but its still happening. Its very annoying, and I dont know what to do...
  9. Surface Laptop 3

Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  10. Surface Laptop 2 Black Screen

Surface Laptop 2 Black Screen: I have a surface laptop 2 with integrated graphic card. Win10. Recently, the screen frequently turns black, or display pixelated image. It will continue for several seconds, and then the software that I currently use will crash. (After it displays a crash warning window,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 3 randomly turning off

2. surface laptop 3 screen turning off randomly

3. microsoft surface laptop 3 turn off randomly