Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3 Windows Hello Can't Find Camera???

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 Windows Hello Can't Find Camera??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just picked up a Surface Laptop 3 on Tuesday of this week. Set up Windows Hello and away we went. Installed updates on Wed. and so long hello. Each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gsp143, Oct 31, 2019.

1. /u/gsp143 Win User

Surface Laptop 3 Windows Hello Can't Find Camera???

Just picked up a Surface Laptop 3 on Tuesday of this week. Set up Windows Hello and away we went. Installed updates on Wed. and so long hello. Each time I attempt to set it up again I receive a "Windows Hello can't find your camera" message. Current build is 1903. Suggestions appreciated. Other than that I love this machine.

submitted by /u/gsp143
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gsp143, Oct 31, 2019

2. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 3 Windows Hello Can't Find Camera??? :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Marc Cai Win User

Windows Hello-Surface Laptop

Hi Merissa

Thanks for bringing this to the community and sorry for the delays. We're you able to find solution these passed days? If so, please let the community know that steps that you've done to address it, so it may help others who have the save concern.

Are you also using Surface device? If so, and you're still having the same issue, you may want to try these methods:

A.Fix common Surface problems
    using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit.

B. Roll back the the Surface Camera Windows Hello driver:

It was said in this thread that rolling the said driver
    back to its previous state resolved the same concern. To do it:

• Click on Cortana and type Device Manager.
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Expand System devices.
    • Look for Surface Camera Windows Hello and long press on the item to bring up the right-click options.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click on Roll Back Driver.
    • Restart your device.

Feel free to get back to us with any results.

Marc Cai, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop 3 Windows Hello Can't Find Camera??? - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Hello

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Windows Hello Can't Find Compatible Camera - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Can't Find Compatible Camera - Windows 11: Hello! I have an Asus Q540VJ Laptop with Windows 11 22H2, which doesn't natively support Windows Hello Facial Recognition because it does not have an IR Camera. Because of this, I have purchased 2 IR Webcams that boast WIndows Hello Compatibility. Unfortunately, neither has...
  4. Windows Hello Can't Find Compatible Camera - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Can't Find Compatible Camera - Windows 11: Hello! I have an Asus Q540VJ Laptop with Windows 11 22H2, which doesn't natively support Windows Hello Facial Recognition because it does not have an IR Camera. Because of this, I have purchased 2 IR Webcams that boast WIndows Hello Compatibility. Unfortunately, neither has...
  5. Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face can't find a compatible camera: I recently purchased an HP Envy laptop from Best Buy. I had their Geek Squad complete the setup. Got it home and was not able to set up Windows Hello Face. Spent 3 hours with their on-line GS support with no resolution. I returned the computer and got a new one. Again,...
  6. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  7. surface pro 3 camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3 camera: During video taking, the screen is black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-camera/d3ecabfe-0c3b-45dc-92b4-d17a0fe55c7f
  8. Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working: Hi all, I'm puzzled with this problem for a couple of days now. I have a Surface Laptop 3 with Intel processor. Last week all of a sudden my integrated camera stopped working during a Zoom conference call. At first the image turned into red and green pixelated, a couple...
  9. Laptop Can't Find Built In Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Can't Find Built In Camera: Google has failed me so far, so maybe someone reading this can. I'm trying to use the built-in camera on my computer with Windows 10 for zoom meetings for what I'm doing it's easier than using my tablet and the camera would make some things more convenient. I've used the...
  10. Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera: I was looking in settings and I found Windows Hello and I was like "oh cool" and... it says Windows Hello face can't find a compatible camera. Can somebody help me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 3 windows hello

2. surface 3 windows hello

3. we couldnt find a camera compatible hello surface 3

4. windows hello cant find camera on surface 3,
  5. we couldnt find a camera compatible hello surface pro 3,
  6. surface laptop 3 no hell ocamera,
  7. cannot set up windows hello face surface laptop 3,
  8. staurants near mehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/,
  9. driver camera surface laptop 3,
  10. windows surface laptop 3 windows hello,
  11. windows hello with surface laptop 3,