Windows 10: Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller

Discus and support Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, I recently bought a surface laptop 3. I wasn't planning to play games on it but I found my old Xbox One controller and said why not. It's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SantiagoBrenes Alvarado, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller

Hey, I recently bought a surface laptop 3. I wasn't planning to play games on it but I found my old Xbox One controller and said why not.
    It's the first controller they released, so I have to connect it using a micro USB cable. I had a couple of cables that came with speakers and stuff, those didn't work, apparently some micro USB cables only charged. So today I went to the store and bought a new micro USB cable that specifically said USB 2.0 type B and although it doesn't say "data-sync", on the back of the box they suggest to use it to pair smartphones/tablets with PC/Laptops/TV's. So I think I got the data sync one.
    When I connect it to the laptop and turn the controller on, it still doesn't recognize it. I looked up online for possible solutions and tried to update the drivers, etc... Nothing seems to work.

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

SantiagoBrenes Alvarado, Jan 14, 2021

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller

1. Surface laptop 3 won't detect Xbox One controller - Similar Threads - Surface laptop won't

2. Xbox one wired controller not detected on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one wired controller not detected on windows 10: Hello,This question will be similar to one answered before, however, the 'answer' in that question did not work for me.I understand that Xbox one controllers are supposed to be plug-and-play devices. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button to turn it...
  3. My Xbox One controller is not detected by my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox One controller is not detected by my PC: Hello, my Xbox One controller is not being detected by my PC it flashes, vibrates and I have put new batteries in there but I get no message that a new device has been plugged in and it isn't in device manager. I am using a USB cable by the way....
  4. My Xbox One controller is not detected by my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Xbox One controller is not detected by my PC: Hello, my Xbox One controller is not being detected by my PC it flashes, vibrates and I have put new batteries in there but I get no message that a new device has been plugged in and it isn't in device manager. I am using a USB cable by the way....
  5. Won't recognize Xbox One controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't recognize Xbox One controller.: Me and my friend are trying to play a game together which involves both of us having a controller plugged in, kinda split screen but online. Mine works fine but when my friend plugs his in the white glow won't show up. We're positive it's not the wire or the controllers since...
  6. Xbox one controller disconnected every 3 sec

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller disconnected every 3 sec: Hi everyone, I bought a Bluetooth dongle(tp-link ub400) to connect my Xbox one controller to my PC but I have a problem. If I don't touch the controller during 3sec, it looks like "disconnected" and I have to press a button several times (4-5 times) for the controller to...
  7. Bluetooth Xbox One controller won't connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Xbox One controller won't connect: Just built a PC, have been waiting for a week to game, and can't get the controller to connect. Installed a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi board today, everything works great. Picked up my phone, etc... with Bluetooth but not the controller. Used the Xbox app and a cable to update the...
  8. Xbox controller not detected

Xbox controller not detected: I am trying to connect a second Xbox one s controller to my PC but cannot see it at all when trying to pair. I have one controller already connected and the new one does pair with my surface pro 7 and firestick by Bluetooth so I am assuming both PC and controller work. It...
  9. Xbox One Controller won't connect

Xbox One Controller won't connect: When trying to connect my xbox one controller, it buzzes, but never turns on. I have tried multiple controllers and multiple cords to connect. Although plugged in, it says that it is not Code 45. I get this when I connect it... Device...
  10. Xbox One controller not detected after restart

Xbox One controller not detected after restart: Hi, I started having problems with detecting my Xbox One controller connected via USB on Windows 10 after updating it to 4.8.1923.0 via the Xbox accessories application from 3 something received upon purchase about 2 years ago. It started exactly after that and I tried...