Windows 10: Surface Laptop 3

Discus and support Surface Laptop 3 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Korona165, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Korona165 Win User

Surface Laptop 3

They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year warranty. My question is it worth and for the better do a warranty replacement? I got my PC brand new and Microsoft warranty dose not guarantee the replacement PC will be NEW if not it will be refurbished that is like brand new. So again with me out of the picture what would others do is it wroth the risk 1: giving up a new PC for a refurbished one and 2: Sending in my new PC in getting a replacement that is refurbished one that may or may not fix the issue?

I attached two links both are battery reports one from my PC and one from another laptop that I got in December. The other laptop lastes a day.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtxxebpM5QtOgtQ9sMk7WoAVjhk4Sw?e=FHRWbe MY LAPTOP

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtxxebpM5QtOgtQ-XUqmnUNyfRm15w?e=ZMr15R OTHER LAPTOP

:)

Korona165, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop 3 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 13, 2021
  3. AJMazza Win User
    Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Laptop 3

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Surface Laptop 3

1. Surface Laptop 3 - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop

2. I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...: I have a surface laptop with windows 10 not 10s. All microsoft office is working correctly except power point. i get an error that states:Powerpoint.exe-Application Error.The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005. click OK to close the application.what do I...
  3. I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a surface laptop with windows 7. All microsoft office is working correctly except...: I have a surface laptop with windows 10 not 10s. All microsoft office is working correctly except power point. i get an error that states:Powerpoint.exe-Application Error.The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005. click OK to close the application.what do I...
  4. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  5. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  6. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...: Please help resolve the crackling sound on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-the-sound-crackling-on-surface/5a1a7d45-0eb5-4bc7-825e-897998e5c348
  8. How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...

How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...: Please help resolve the crackling sound on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-the-sound-crackling-on-surface/5a1a7d45-0eb5-4bc7-825e-897998e5c348
  9. Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!: Frustrating.I downloaded the Surface 3 Laptop Recovery Firmware image .zip and extract fine. But when I copy it to USB, it gets stuck on this STUPID .swm file.I've tried different downloaders, thinking perhaps the file is being corrupt when downloading, but no, it extracts...
  10. Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!

Surface Laptop Recovery Image from MS Website CORRUPT!: Frustrating.I downloaded the Surface 3 Laptop Recovery Firmware image .zip and extract fine. But when I copy it to USB, it gets stuck on this STUPID .swm file.I've tried different downloaders, thinking perhaps the file is being corrupt when downloading, but no, it extracts...