Windows 10: Surface Laptop, after reinstall of Windows 10 Update, Windows Hello doesn't work anymore

Discus and support Surface Laptop, after reinstall of Windows 10 Update, Windows Hello doesn't work anymore in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The system reads we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello.The forum provided two possible answers, both failed:1. AnswerPress Windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kees1983, May 30, 2021.

1. Kees1983 Win User

Surface Laptop, after reinstall of Windows 10 Update, Windows Hello doesn't work anymore

The system reads we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello.The forum provided two possible answers, both failed:1. AnswerPress Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.Type services.msc and click on OK.Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biom

:)

Kees1983, May 30, 2021

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Surface Laptop, after reinstall of Windows 10 Update, Windows Hello doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, May 30, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

- and what was the last Windows update for you?

People don't all run the same build as you, nor do they necessarily get the same update... thanks!

Have you tried reinstalling the driver - and checked reports on compatibility of that particular scanner?
    You may be better using the manufacturer's forum for the scanner.

dalchina, May 30, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

Surface Laptop, after reinstall of Windows 10 Update, Windows Hello doesn't work anymore

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop, after reinstall of Windows 10 Update, Windows Hello doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop reinstall

2. Windows Hello doesn't work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello doesn't work on my laptop: Hi,I cannot setup my window hello on my windows 11. I tried many tutorials but still have the same issue. it says "this option is currently unavailable". Please help...
  3. Windows Hello doesn't work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello doesn't work on my laptop: Hi,I cannot setup my window hello on my windows 11. I tried many tutorials but still have the same issue. it says "this option is currently unavailable". Please help...
  4. Windows Update doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update doesn't work anymore: I noticed that I have not received any update prompts for a few weeks. When I selected Updates from Settings in the Start Menu I get a message saying that something went wrong and I am unable to check for updates? Currently running Win 10 pro version number 2004, OS Build...
  5. Windows Hello on Surface Go Not Working After 2004 Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello on Surface Go Not Working After 2004 Update: Windows 10 Updated w/2004 Hello consistently not working after one or maybe two initial successes. Have tried to improve face recognition with no relief. In looking around windows and surface forums, I see that this a common and known issue. Apparently it has something to...
  6. After updating Windows 10 just now, the Windows Store doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After updating Windows 10 just now, the Windows Store doesn't work anymore: I just bought Battletoads on it prior to the update, but the update wanted me to restart my PC and so I did, didn't think much of it. It was some security update with all sorts of nonsense Anyway, upon bootup everything seemed to work fine except the MS Store which keeps...
  7. Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update: Hi. I run Windows 10 64 Pro and updated to 1909 build 18363.900): my printer (Brother 165-C) doesn't work anymore. I restored previous system image and printer works: so printer is ok. Strange thing: by the system it's just like printer exists and works fine (troubleshooting...
  8. Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update: Hi. I run Windows 10 64 Pro and updated to 1909 build 18363.900): my printer (Brother 165-C) doesn't work anymore. I restored previous system image and printer works: so printer is ok. Strange thing: by the system it's just like printer exists and works fine (troubleshooting...
  9. Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2): My windows hello was working perfectly until a few days ago. On the lock screen, the window hello icon(wi-fi thing) appeared and said getting ready and was stuck on it. Therefore, I had to use my pin to log in. Anybody know how to fix this ty....
  10. Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop: Windows Hello was working fine on my device, a 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop with Windows 10. However, 1 day it just stopped working. I have tried the following steps based on several articles: - Completed all Windows updates - Set a new PIN - Updated all drivers for...