Windows 10: Surface laptop Camera Issues

Discus and support Surface laptop Camera Issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My camera and microphone have stopped working for video calls and Windows Hello says it couldn't turn on the camera. I have tried many of the suggested... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KateGLS, Mar 30, 2019.

1. KateGLS Win User

Surface laptop Camera Issues

My camera and microphone have stopped working for video calls and Windows Hello says it couldn't turn on the camera. I have tried many of the suggested solutions with no luck and would love to know how to fix it. Thank you

:)

KateGLS, Mar 30, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Camera on surface tablet

Hi,

You may flip the camera on your Surface by going in to the camera app settings. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the Camera App on your Surface.
    • Swipe down from the top of the camera window (this brings up the Camera Options, as seen below.)
    • Tap Change Camera.
    • Take picture as usual.
    • Tap Change Camera again if you would like the camera to facing you.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Mar 30, 2019
  3. SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface laptop Camera Issues :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface laptop Camera Issues - Similar Threads - Surface laptop Camera

2. No camera are attached problem Surface laptop studio !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No camera are attached problem Surface laptop studio !!: I bought surface laptop studio one and half month ago. I discovered a problem with my integrated camera. It suddenly stopped working. I thought at the beginning it's because some updates that I did so I contact the support team in Microsoft and they mainly tried everything...
  3. How to turn off camera in Surface laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off camera in Surface laptop: Hi,I have Surface Pro 7 and there seems no external option to turn off or block the camera. Is there a setting through which I can turn off the camera?Thanks,...
  4. Surface Pro 7. Windows and camera issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 7. Windows and camera issues.: Hello! I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 i3, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD. Immediately after the first start, Windows began to update everything that could be updated. When the updates were completed, I ran into two problems. 1 Windows Hello sometimes cannot start the camera or it...
  5. Camera and microphone not working on Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera and microphone not working on Surface Laptop: The camera and microphone on my surface laptop have stopped working for all apps, including the "camera" app, zoom, Facebook messenger etc. Previously I had an issue with Facebook messenger where the solution was to disable the IR camera. I couldn't use Face ID but at least...
  6. Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Laptop 3 Integrated Camera not working: Hi all, I'm puzzled with this problem for a couple of days now. I have a Surface Laptop 3 with Intel processor. Last week all of a sudden my integrated camera stopped working during a Zoom conference call. At first the image turned into red and green pixelated, a couple...
  7. laptop camera issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop camera issue: when iam turning on my laptop camera it is not giving a clear picture it is giving a blur vision can any one suggest me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-issue/b8dc8324-1f86-4e2f-86d4-42d36467b887
  8. Camera Issue on brand new surface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera Issue on brand new surface: I just bought a surface 2 days ago, couldn't set up Windows Hello and now getting this error when trying to access the camera. Only things running in Task Manager are Explorer and Mail...
  9. surface 2 laptop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface 2 laptop issues: hello, i have surface 2 laptop, win 10 O.S . its a corp laptop. every time i wake it up from hibernate, laptop stuck and CPU is 100 precent. any idea why? also sometimes when i use office with that laptop, CPU is to high. thanks...
  10. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on Surface Pro 4: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken. What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found),...