Windows 10: Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

Discus and support Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day! My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarthiePotgieter, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

Good day!

My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then on it did not want to boot up. I made a recovery usb boot disk according to the method you subscribe. I went through all the steps as prescribed until I got to the recovery key. At that stage my keyboard on the laptop did not function, so I inserted an external usb keyboard and successfully entered the key code. It would not, however, accept the key code. I obviously double checked to see that I entered it correctly - which I did.

I also, accidentally deleted the first option on the boot screen. I did however change it to boot up with the usb boot disk.

I also tried, repair/recovery and restoring factory settings, but without success as I can get no further that the UEFI screen.

Any advise will be appreciated.

I don't think there are any Microsoft shops in South Africa.

Regards,

Marthie P

:)

MarthiePotgieter, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  4. JimmyW Win User

Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

I have a new Surface Laptop and want to boot to a USB thumb. Unlike the Surface Pro, the laptop does not have a Volume button. It does use F5/F6, but neither work for booting. I know that I can select a custom startup from within Win 10 Pro, but want to go from power off to USB boot. Thanks.

JimmyW, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

1. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop does

2. Laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not booting up: I have a Lenovo laptop it used to work fine a few days ago. It stopped booting up. When I click on the power button the screen brightens up and that's pretty much it doesn't reach the logo part. I thought it may work after a few days but it's been 3-4 days and it's not...
  3. laptop does not boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop does not boot up: It stops with blue screen before booting Windows. It only get Choose an option choice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-boot-up/27bde82d-cd0a-43c0-8a8e-b729aaab136e
  4. Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop

Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop: Hi All, After a windows update this past week I have encountered this boot loop issue on my Surface Laptop Gen 1. Here is a screenshot. As you can see there is a HDD icon in the top right corner with an X [IMG] I have tried various options with MS support over the...
  5. Laptop does not boot

Laptop does not boot: I have a Dell inspiron laptop with windows 10. It had been working nearly 3 months without any trouble. Last week i installed Avast anti virus program , After finishing installation it does not restart. Tried several times result is the same. Now when i switched on it asks...
  6. Laptop does not boot

Laptop does not boot: My Dell Laptop does not boot after infected with virus. Windows10 what can i do wothout losing my files? HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-boot/9b0fb607-8531-440d-8b2e-20a110dbc059
  7. Laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not booting up: My HP laptop is not booting up. It shows me the manufacturer's logo and then all I have is a black screen What I think the reason is: Before this problem occurred, I had changed the Owner of my C: drive from TrustedInstaller to my own user account(which is an admin...
  8. Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen: I started up my surface laptop this morning and everything started fine, I left the room and on my return the Surface UEFI screen was displaying, on restart it just continually boots up to this screen, in the top right hand corner I have what I believe is the harddrive...
  9. Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop:

Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop:: When I turn on laptop, the Surface logo appears but Windows doesn’t boot up. I have tried force shut down options to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-booting-up-on-surface-laptop/26062c2c-7911-4451-a88b-7e2e792e0e5d
  10. After Windows 10 Defender Scan, Laptop does not want to boot up.

After Windows 10 Defender Scan, Laptop does not want to boot up.: Hello, Dell i7577 Specs: [Intel i7] [GTX 1060ti] [16 GB RAM] I have this laptop for the past 5 months. I ran Windows 10 Defender Offline Scan and the step required me to restart my laptop. After the laptop was shutting down for restart, I am unable to boot up again...