Windows 10: Surface Laptop freezes shortly after startup-up, when closing programs

Discus and support Surface Laptop freezes shortly after startup-up, when closing programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; recently my laptop has been freezing and basically locking up every time i restart, lasting barely a few minutes. Whenever i try to close a program or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Talos111, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Talos111 Win User

Surface Laptop freezes shortly after startup-up, when closing programs

recently my laptop has been freezing and basically locking up every time i restart, lasting barely a few minutes. Whenever i try to close a program or window that window locks up and will not be closed, becoming unresponsive. Sometimes they freeze up on their own. Ive tried running systems diagnostics through typing “perfmon /report” in the shell, but it freezes before it says anything useful. Trying to close any afflicted programs with the task manager just causes that to freeze too.

:)

Talos111, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop freezes shortly after startup-up, when closing programs :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop freezes shortly after startup-up, when closing programs - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop freezes

2. Laptop constantly freezing after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop constantly freezing after startup: I got a medion crawler e30 laptop and a month after the purchase, when i instaled games and stuff it started constantly freezing with no obvious reason. It used to be that the freezes could dissapear after 30 minutes of using it and Ive tried to reinstall the windows and the...
  3. Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup: Hello,Ive been having an issue with windows 11 now where every time my computer turns on from sleep or hibernate Basically whenever I have to sign in again, I can use my open applications which is mainly chrome for maybe 1-2 minutes, and then they freeze for about 30 seconds....
  4. Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup: Hello,Ive been having an issue with windows 11 now where every time my computer turns on from sleep or hibernate Basically whenever I have to sign in again, I can use my open applications which is mainly chrome for maybe 1-2 minutes, and then they freeze for about 30 seconds....
  5. Windows freezes when waking up from sleep mode and programs freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezes when waking up from sleep mode and programs freeze on startup: Hello,I tried these recommended fixes on the web:Power options-Turn off fast mode wake up.I did not roll back the update because this problem precedes the last update.Sfc /scannow - When I used this fix, corrupted files were found and fixed, but then again the problem came...
  6. Computer Freezing shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Freezing shortly after start up: yesterday I got on my fairly new computer and it froze up a couple minutes after i turned it on, the only way I could turn it off is holding the power button for 10 seconds. I have tried many things, please help. submitted by /u/LardLord56789 [link] [comments]...
  7. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  8. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  9. Laptop freezes after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes after startup: My laptop Asus X556UQK from 2017 i always use it plugged since the battery doesnt really last and i always use it on mximum performance, but recently its crashing upon start, whether is on the login screen or while its loading the taskbar or the startup logo black screen, and...
  10. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...