Windows 10: Surface Laptop Freezes

Discus and support Surface Laptop Freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop freezes daily or more frequently, requiring a complete restart. I followed the instructions (clean contacts on keyboard, disconnect all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesMcDermott5, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Surface Laptop Freezes

My laptop freezes daily or more frequently, requiring a complete restart. I followed the instructions (clean contacts on keyboard, disconnect all devices and storage, etc.) and it helped somewhat for a few weeks, but it is now freezing much more frequently.

Any suggestions?

:)

JamesMcDermott5, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop Freezes :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Laptop Freezes

Update for Surface Laptop on Windows 10 v1709 and above - May 16 Surface

Source:

Manually download: Download Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Surface Laptop Freezes

1. Surface Laptop Freezes - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Freezes

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing: I have a surface pro 7 + tablet which is working fine, but quite frequently the touchpad freezes. I tried uninstalling the drivers but it did not help. I also tried with Microsoft Diagnostics Toolkit and with Intel Graphics command Center but nothing had worked. The touchpad...
  4. Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3 freezes after installing Windows 10 20H2: Hello, I tried to reinstall Windows 10 20H2 on my Surface 3 laptop, and after Windows was done setting up, its frozen. Its frozen at the screen to configure Windows. Touch screen doesn't work, neither does the keyboard and mouse. Tried to go back to Windows 1909, but the...
  5. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  6. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Freezing When Untouched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3 Screen Freezing When Untouched: My laptop is brand new about 2 days after having it, it would, and still, freezes when it is untouched for anywhere between 15 and 180 seconds. The PC will lock up and not respond to anything. It will just show the screen that it had frozen on and not do anything else until I...
  7. New Microsoft Surface laptop - Microsoft Store freezes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Microsoft Surface laptop - Microsoft Store freezes: Hi, I got a new laptop about 2 weeks ago. Everytime I try to install a new app or click on my profile settings on the Microsoft Store app it freezes. I tried to reset the app and it won't reset. This is kind of ridiculous because I spent over $1000 on this laptop and the...
  8. Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Laptop: I have a surface book and it's accompanying mouse. I also use a powered USB hub. I want to replace the mouse with a trackball (CTS). Other than configuring the trackball is there an issue with substituting the mouse. Thanks, John 131347
  9. Surface Pro constantly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro constantly freezing: Hi there, I recently got a difference Surface Pro and use Microsoft Windows/Office on it. I am finding the applications keep freezing which is very frustrating. It can be in any of the office apps at different points but find it is more frequent when i go to save a...
  10. Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop: We are pleased to announce that today we’ve released new versions of the Surface Tools for IT Pros with support for the new Surface Pro and Surface Laptop. This update includes new versions of the Surface Enterprise Management Mode (SEMM) tools Surface UEFI Configurator and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2004439

2. microsoft surface laptop freezing

3. surface laptop 3 freezing

4. surface laptop 3 freeze,
  5. surface laptop 3 freeze switch window,
  6. surface 3 laptop freezing,
  7. surface laptop 3 turn off suddenly and freezing moments,
  8. surface laptop freezing,
  9. surface 3 laptop freezes up,
  10. surface laptop 3 freezes,
  11. surface laptop 3 keeps freezing,