Windows 10: Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing

Discus and support Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought this laptop in October of last year and have had issues ever since I bought it of it randomly crashing. It happened less frequently before so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KimO2, Jul 8, 2021.

1. KimO2 Win User

Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing

I bought this laptop in October of last year and have had issues ever since I bought it of it randomly crashing. It happened less frequently before so I was lazy about it and never did anything but now it's happening 2-3 times a week and is becoming frustrating to work on. I read a few articles on here so I tried some troubleshooting steps. I ran the command prompt as administrator and it fixed corrupted files. I then ran a reliability monitor and as you can see I'm having issues often. I noticed a hardware error came up a few times so I clicked on it to learn more. I have never dropped this l

:)

KimO2, Jul 8, 2021

2. My laptop has been crashing randomly

My laptop has been crashing randomly. (youtube, games, just turning it on)

There has been 2 stop codes that I see; ''Thread stuck in device driver'' and ''DPC Watchdog Violation''

I just bought this laptop and the only thing I've done is installed an extra 8GB of RAM.

I've read a few similar problems and I have updated drivers and I have ran the memory test but it still randomly crashes.

I really need help and I'm willing to go through it step-by-step.

Thank You!

Attached is the error report:

Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing 29c62f2d-3f40-41fa-8122-c69b9bb09e4e?upload=true.png

MuhammadAnwar7, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Asphalt 9 keeps crashing randomly

I installed asphalt 9 from MS store today. It seemed to work fine for 1 hour, and suddenly it crashed without any reason. I opened up the game again and the game crashed within 2-3 minutes. now, I repaired it and restarted my PC. It worked fine without
    crashing for 10 min. But it crashed again within 15min , and now, the game keeps crashing randomly without any reason. I have an laptop with i3-7020U and intel UHD 620 GPU and 8gb of ddr4 RAM. The low specs can be a reason of crashing. But many high spec PCs
    are experiencing this problem. What am I supposed to do now?

AbhinavKakati, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing

Windows 10 keeps crashing after RAM upgrade and a week of normal working.

current ram is 8gb, i had installed another 8gb but windows crashed , so i removed extra ram. Now laptop works fine with existing 8gb ram.

kiran kumarchevuri, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing

1. Surface Laptop Go 8GB RAM/256GB Keeps Randomly Crashing - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop 8GB

2. Laptop with soldered 4GB 2666MHz RAM. Added 8GB 3200MHz RAM, boots with 8GB but won't boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with soldered 4GB 2666MHz RAM. Added 8GB 3200MHz RAM, boots with 8GB but won't boot...: so i have a laptop with soldered 4 gb 2666 mhz ram and i have bought a ram of 3200 mhz 8gb when i insert the ram and start the laptop it boots and it do shpws the 8 gb ram installed with its 2666mhz but when i shut the laptop and then reopen it, i doesnot bootup what can be...
  3. Laptop with soldered 4GB 2666MHz RAM. Added 8GB 3200MHz RAM, boots with 8GB but won't boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with soldered 4GB 2666MHz RAM. Added 8GB 3200MHz RAM, boots with 8GB but won't boot...: so i have a laptop with soldered 4 gb 2666 mhz ram and i have bought a ram of 3200 mhz 8gb when i insert the ram and start the laptop it boots and it do shpws the 8 gb ram installed with its 2666mhz but when i shut the laptop and then reopen it, i doesnot bootup what can be...
  4. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  5. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  6. Windows 11 and the installation to Microsoft Surface GO2 with 8gb Ram Model

Windows 11 and the installation to Microsoft Surface GO2 with 8gb Ram Model: I specifically purchased the Microsoft Surface GO 2 with 8 gb ram to install Windows 11, of which after downloading the PC Health Check confirmed my device would run Windows 11, as stated by the salesmen at Currys PC World in Nottingham, but to date I am still waiting for the...
  7. New Surface Laptop Go WiFi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Surface Laptop Go WiFi keeps disconnecting: I suspect there's a driver problem on my new Surface Laptop Go. The WiFi works and cuts out frequently about every 20 minutes or so then it will just come back on. Any WELs I can check to diagnose? Any tools to run By default, I'm on Windows 10 S - so CMD prompt doesn't...
  8. My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram: Hi every body. Idk if you guys have ever had this weird situation before , but my laptop was windows 7 8gb ram and 32- bit. I installed windows 10 64bit. But when i got everything done, i check and saw that my laptop is now 2gb ram. Idk why, has anybody ever encountered this...
  9. Surface go ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface go ram: I purchased the go with 8gb ram. Im trying to play games that are available in Microsoft store. Some of the requirements say 2gb ram and that i only have 1gb ram. Is there some settings I'm missing? I still have it in S mode. Is that my issue?...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075