Windows 10: surface laptop recovery image download

Discus and support surface laptop recovery image download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My surface laptop 1st generation was stuck in a UEFI screen loop recently and now upon opening the device, shows the following: "Windows failed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mike12_651, May 20, 2020.

1. surface laptop recovery image download

My surface laptop 1st generation was stuck in a UEFI screen loop recently and now upon opening the device, shows the following: "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause".

To resolve this issue, i had read from another support thread that i must now download a recovery image for my device https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surfacerecoveryimage and perform a USB recovery. Can anyone please clarify if this is correct and offer a possible cause for my problem and advise me on my next steps of action.

Furthermore, the recovery image download size is 10 GB. However, after downloading 3 GB, the zip file shows that it has completed downloading yet displays an "invalid zip file" message which also has no contents within it.

Is this issue due to my slow internet downloading speed or is this due to a problem in the actual recovery image file?

May anyone please kindly guide me in what i should do now?

Thanks in advance

:)

mike12_651, May 20, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, May 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, surface laptop recovery image download :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 20, 2020
  4. surface laptop recovery image download

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 20, 2020
Thema:

surface laptop recovery image download

1. surface laptop recovery image download - Similar Threads - surface laptop recovery

2. Recovery of an image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery of an image: While saving my work, I saved it on an existing file and the original file got replaced and permanently deleted. Is there any way to recover the original file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-of-an-image/7ba48dfe-1cde-4be3-b9a3-fa2a177cd109
  3. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: Can I use a SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY to transfer my files to anew PC trough an external drive? If on my existing pc i have 2 disks C: and D: and the new one will also have 2 disks will the system install the image on the new PC like they were on the old PC? C: to C: amd D:ti...
  4. system image recovery

system image recovery: I can't long into my Desktop-HTLT8V4 it needs recovery key and the sign I got was - to retrieve this key , go tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq from another PC or mobile device .in case you need it the key ID is D48B8C0E...
  5. System image recovery

System image recovery: I had backed up a system image on March 2, put an old Windows 7 one I had on my Netbook before it broke (my desktop was originally a Windows 7 btw). On March 30, I tried to restore the system image I saved earlier in the month, but I ended up getting a system image I saved...
  6. Recovery Image Information

Recovery Image Information: Can I shrink a volume before making a System Recovery Image to make it smaller, or will the process still create an image of the entire drive (not the volume)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-image-information/48e33664-4cc3-4c20-8227-a62850497b7a
  7. Image Recovery

Image Recovery: Prior to sending a laptop back to the manufacturer, I created a system image on a network share as the manufacturer typically wipes the hard drive. After recovering the image, all of the data files were returned to their original location. However, none of the programs were...
  8. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: Hey guys, OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 System Model HP ProBook 4540s System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) I have made it a habit to...
  9. Windows Recovery Image

Windows Recovery Image: Hello! Can I use my external hard drive ( on which my windows 10 recovery image is stored) , for storing my other data? Please Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-recovery-image/8301912f-78ff-4470-b22f-721a001c14e2
  10. System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Recovery: Hi All, I'm switching to SSD and I created a system image on the drive already. I tried going to system image recovery to boot using it, however when I click it, the screen goes blank. I'm pretty sure it's not a time thing, I gave it 8 hours. I'm pretty sure this is my...