Windows 10: surface laptop takes up to five minutes to open document

Discus and support surface laptop takes up to five minutes to open document in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to open a file from windows explorer or from my desktop it can take up to five minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zoocat, May 7, 2020.

1. zoocat Win User

surface laptop takes up to five minutes to open document

When I try to open a file from windows explorer or from

my desktop it can take up to five minutes

:)

zoocat, May 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, surface laptop takes up to five minutes to open document :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, May 7, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. surface laptop takes up to five minutes to open document - Similar Threads - surface laptop takes

2. Why is it taking Windows 11 up to a minute to detect and open a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it taking Windows 11 up to a minute to detect and open a USB drive?: Once in a while after rebooting for an update, Windows 11 takes 45 seconds to a minute to detect and open a USB drive. After a couple of subsequent reboots, it's back to normal, opening instantly. It's now happening again. I rebooted once, but it's still happening. It just...
  3. All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.: Dell Win10 Desktop Inspiron 5675 AMD Ryzen7 64 bit DDR5 16GB Video Radeon 580. What can I do to speed start up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-my-computed-takes-forever-to-start/d6a0eebd-c114-4f44-b164-1296ddab8b94
  4. All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.: Dell Win10 Desktop Inspiron 5675 AMD Ryzen7 64 bit DDR5 16GB Video Radeon 580. What can I do to speed start up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-my-computed-takes-forever-to-start/d6a0eebd-c114-4f44-b164-1296ddab8b94
  5. All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Apps and URLs take minutes to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and URLs take minutes to open: Hi everyone,I've been having some strange issues with Windows 10 for months now and no matter what I tried, I was not able to fix it.First issue is that apps take a few minutes to open, starting from 1-2 minutes for desktop apps and 3-5 or more minutes for UWP apps.The second...
  7. Computer BSOD every five minutes

Computer BSOD every five minutes: Hi, please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today.. im attaching photos of my BSODing if you need to email me please do *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [IMG]...
  8. Word documents take up to 15-20 sec to open and "open with" crashes or hangs.

Word documents take up to 15-20 sec to open and "open with" crashes or hangs.: Word documents take up to 15-20 sec to open and right clicking on file to use "open with" crashes or hangs. How do I fix this problem which started a week ago. I downloaded and ran CCleaner which solved the problem...for half an hour. Now running CCleaner does nothing....
  9. Windows boot up takes 30 minutes

Windows boot up takes 30 minutes: Hey guys, I have a problem with system Boot. Last months i have a problem booting my PC, it takes more than 20 minutes to boot up. It used to do this only when the computer was restarted, now it always happens when I turn on the computer. Here is link with System Summary...
  10. windows take 30 minute for start-up

windows take 30 minute for start-up: Hi my pc tack up 30 minute for start I have i7 7700 + h110+hdd 750g+hdd 1t +gtx650 -- i install another windows and download new windows iso + update windows+update bios and delete all partition and check disk andThe problem still exists i open "Event...