Windows 10: Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop

Discus and support Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, After a windows update this past week I have encountered this boot loop issue on my Surface Laptop Gen 1. Here is a screenshot. As you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Honda777, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Honda777 Win User

Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop

Hi All,

After a windows update this past week I have encountered this boot loop issue on my Surface Laptop Gen 1.

Here is a screenshot. As you can see there is a HDD icon in the top right corner with an X

Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop [​IMG]

I have tried various options with MS support over the phone but nothing has worked.

They have been unable to carry out a reset for the machine since that option does not appear when carrying out the recovery.

I got to the fresh windows 10 install but when selecting custom install the SSD is showing 248gb disk 0 unallocated space and will not let me delete or apply a new partition it then errors with a code

Also they have tried to erase the disk but this also fails! I have carried out the commands for diskpart and can see the disk is online but I am able to format the disk but not able to partition the disk ?Also how can the SSD have failed if its showing online ?

After all this they have said they will have to replace the machine but will cost me £456 since my machine is 18 months old now which I find ridiculous since a new machine like this should be failing especially when it cost me an very high amount of money.

Can anyone else help with any other ideas ?

:)

Honda777, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Andre for Directly, Feb 10, 2020
  4. D-Dog1911 Win User

Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB

Hello,

at the UEFI I accidently deleted the Windows Boot Manager. After I restarted, the Surface was stuck in an infinite boot loop. Additionally I can't boot to UEFI or from USB anymore. I already tried a lot of troubleshooting, like the official guides and unofficial
    ones. I tried using the surface recovery image(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surfacerecoveryimage), but it just won't boot from USB and I tried on a 16GB and a 32GB one. I also tried to use Ubuntu to fix the problem, but it doesn't boot either. And of
    course, I can't enter UEFI to check settings.

For the record: Volume UP + Power doesn't work and Volume DOWN + Power doesn't work either. Both send me to the boot loop and both worked before I deleted the Windows Boot Manager.

How can I restore the Windows Boot Manager now?

Of course I don't have warranty on my Surface Pro 4 anymore and I can't pay for the repair. I really need my Surface for my studies so any help is appreciated.

D-Dog1911, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop UEFI

2. Boot Looping Microsoft Surfaces

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Looping Microsoft Surfaces: We use around 300 Microsoft Surface Tablets Surface Pro 3, Pro 4, Pro 5, Pro 6, Pro7 . Since April 2020, we've started to encounter an issue where tablets will, seemingly randomly, start going into a Boot Loop with the "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" error.The...
  3. UEFI Loop

UEFI Loop: Hallo, mein Surface ist ein ein UEFI Loop geraten. Wie komme ich da raus und wie kann ich trotzdem meine Daten behalten. Ich habe sie vorher nicht gesichert. Vielen Dank! *** Hi, my surface is in a UEFI Loop. How to I solve this, while not destroying my files? Thank...
  4. My surface laptop is stuck in boot loop

My surface laptop is stuck in boot loop: My surface laptop is stuck in bootloop I followed several previous threads where it said to download on usb drive a reset. I have a 32 gb drive that is FAT32 as required but when I download the file and then try to move to usb drive it says the file is too big, which does not...
  5. Windows 10 Boot loop on Surface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot loop on Surface: I recently had this problem. I tried all the suggestions such as powering off/on multiple times, holding down the volume up key, hitting the f8 key multiple times. All to no avail. I just kept getting the white windows logo on a black screen and the rotating dots. Eventually...
  6. surface uefi start up screen loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface uefi start up screen loop: what can I do to factory reset if my surface pro 4 stuck on UEFI screen loop every time I start that's the only thing I get. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-uefi-start-up-screen-loop/594381d9-fb2a-4089-bdab-6a4d2911f7b8
  7. Surface Studio stuck in UEFI boot loop after update - next steps?

Surface Studio stuck in UEFI boot loop after update - next steps?: My Surface Studio running Windows 10 is stuck in an UEFI boot loop. I could use advice on what to try next. I have tried using the recovery drive I created a few days before this issue started. Startup Repair couldn’t repair the PC and didn’t generate a log file. I couldn’t...
  8. Surface UEFI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface UEFI: Hello. I am unable to get out of the surface UEFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-uefi/7d40b991-c96f-430a-82de-812c5292c5f3
  9. Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen: I started up my surface laptop this morning and everything started fine, I left the room and on my return the Surface UEFI screen was displaying, on restart it just continually boots up to this screen, in the top right hand corner I have what I believe is the harddrive...
  10. Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB

Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB: Hello, at the UEFI I accidently deleted the Windows Boot Manager. After I restarted, the Surface was stuck in an infinite boot loop. Additionally I can't boot to UEFI or from USB anymore. I already tried a lot of troubleshooting, like the official guides and unofficial ones....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop boot loop

2. surface laptop 3 boot loop

3. surface laptop crashing to uefi

4. surface pro 5 uefi boot loop,
  5. surface pro stuck in uefi loop,
  6. surface uefi icons top right,
  7. surface laptop top 2 bootloop,
  8. surface laptop bootloop power volume up,
  9. surface laptop reboot loop,
  10. ms surface boot loop uefi,
  11. surface uefi loop,