Windows 10: Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

Discus and support Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started up my surface laptop this morning and everything started fine, I left the room and on my return the Surface UEFI screen was displaying, on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BF77_191, Apr 12, 2019.

1. BF77_191 Win User

Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

I started up my surface laptop this morning and everything started fine, I left the room and on my return the Surface UEFI screen was displaying, on restart it just continually boots up to this screen, in the top right hand corner I have what I believe is the harddrive symbol, square with a circle within and then X in the circle.

I looked up help articles and created a recovery drive. I'm not going through the exercise of recovery and just remove my files option, the recovery starts and then quickly comes up with another blue screen which says - Rest this PC, there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made, I have a cancel button, when pressing this it returns me back to the troubleshoot or turn off your PC (start of recovery process screen)

Please help!

Regards

Barry

:)

BF77_191, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

Surface UEFI screen

I turned my Surface book on today and the UEFI appeared. This is the first time seeing this screen. Now I can't boot into Windows, no matter what I do. Any thoughts???

DeanKatlik, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

1. Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop boot

2. UEFI boot start up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot start up issues: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  3. UEFI boot start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot start up issues: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  4. surface uefi start up screen loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface uefi start up screen loop: what can I do to factory reset if my surface pro 4 stuck on UEFI screen loop every time I start that's the only thing I get. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-uefi-start-up-screen-loop/594381d9-fb2a-4089-bdab-6a4d2911f7b8
  5. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up: Good day! My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then on it did not want to boot up. I made a recovery usb boot disk according to the method you subscribe. I went through all the...
  6. Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop

Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop: Hi All, After a windows update this past week I have encountered this boot loop issue on my Surface Laptop Gen 1. Here is a screenshot. As you can see there is a HDD icon in the top right corner with an X [IMG] I have tried various options with MS support over the...
  7. Surface UEFI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface UEFI: Hello. I am unable to get out of the surface UEFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-uefi/7d40b991-c96f-430a-82de-812c5292c5f3
  8. My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen.: My Surface 3 won't boot up past the Bios screen. It locks up on it. Hard resets don't work. Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-3-wont-boot-up-past-the-bios-screen/3cae312e-6192-4ada-bd7b-92174a8ac07e
  9. Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop:

Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop:: When I turn on laptop, the Surface logo appears but Windows doesn’t boot up. I have tried force shut down options to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-booting-up-on-surface-laptop/26062c2c-7911-4451-a88b-7e2e792e0e5d
  10. Laptop booting up with UEFI please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop booting up with UEFI please help: I accidentally deleted the Boot Options and now I can only access the UEFI page. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks 52654

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop uefi

2. surface boots to uefi screen

3. surface laptop boots to uefi

4. surface laptop stuck in uefi mode,
  5. windows serface pro Will only boot in to UEFI,
  6. surface boots to uefi not windows,
  7. surface pro wont boot past uefi screen,
  8. surface no windows boot uefi,
  9. surface bok goes to uefi screen,
  10. laptip stuck in surface uefi,
  11. surface pro 7 stuck on uefi screen,