Windows 10: Surface Laptop will not turn on and I need to extract my data before I can ship it out to...

Discus and support Surface Laptop will not turn on and I need to extract my data before I can ship it out to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Recently my surface laptop has stopped turning on. I even got a new charge and nothing works. I am okay with sending it to the support team,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by noHelpPls, Feb 25, 2024.

1. noHelpPls Win User

Surface Laptop will not turn on and I need to extract my data before I can ship it out to...

Hello,Recently my surface laptop has stopped turning on. I even got a new charge and nothing works. I am okay with sending it to the support team, however, on the Microsoft page, it says they will send me back my laptop with everything completely wiped. I need to get my files from my laptop or I need to be ensured the support team will NOT wipe anything from my laptop as they fix it. There is no contact number or email to reach out to to ensure this. Please someone respond, I need my computer working asap. Thank you.

:)

noHelpPls, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop will not turn on and I need to extract my data before I can ship it out to... :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Feb 25, 2024
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Surface Laptop will not turn on and I need to extract my data before I can ship it out to...

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop will not turn on and I need to extract my data before I can ship it out to... - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop turn

2. How do I change the shipping address on an item I purchased before it ships out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the shipping address on an item I purchased before it ships out: I placed an order for a windows install drive and I’ve incorrectly put in my address and before I realised I had already completed the order and I can’t figure out how to change the shipping address or who I’m supposed to get in contact with to resolve my issue...
  3. How do I change the shipping address on an item I purchased before it ships out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the shipping address on an item I purchased before it ships out: I placed an order for a windows install drive and I’ve incorrectly put in my address and before I realised I had already completed the order and I can’t figure out how to change the shipping address or who I’m supposed to get in contact with to resolve my issue...
  4. Surface Laptop will not turn on and I need to extract my data before I can ship it out to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop will not turn on and I need to extract my data before I can ship it out to...: Hello,Recently my surface laptop has stopped turning on. I even got a new charge and nothing works. I am okay with sending it to the support team, however, on the Microsoft page, it says they will send me back my laptop with everything completely wiped. I need to get my files...
  5. I need help turning my windows 11 laptop out of S mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help turning my windows 11 laptop out of S mode.: For whatever reason whenever I go into settings and try to turn off S mode, it takes me to the Microsoft store and all that happens is the page not loading, PLEASE someone help, ive already refunded the laptop and brought a new one and even that did not fix it. I also cant...
  6. I need help turning my windows 11 laptop out of S mode.

I need help turning my windows 11 laptop out of S mode.: For whatever reason whenever I go into settings and try to turn off S mode, it takes me to the Microsoft store and all that happens is the page not loading, PLEASE someone help, ive already refunded the laptop and brought a new one and even that did not fix it. I also cant...
  7. How can I retrieve my data when my Surface laptop is not switching on ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I retrieve my data when my Surface laptop is not switching on ?: My Surface laptop update has been corrupted therefore it requires installantion of Windows. But I need to retrieve my data as it is not backed up on cloud or any external drive. My Outlook account is syned to the laptop, and I recently purchased the extra storage as well. But...
  8. How can I retrieve my data when my Surface laptop is not switching on ?

How can I retrieve my data when my Surface laptop is not switching on ?: My Surface laptop update has been corrupted therefore it requires installantion of Windows. But I need to retrieve my data as it is not backed up on cloud or any external drive. My Outlook account is syned to the laptop, and I recently purchased the extra storage as well. But...
  9. I need help with my laptop gliching out and turning off with Loud sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my laptop gliching out and turning off with Loud sounds: My lenovo laptop has been randomly turning off when I boot up the laptop. Since my screne is broken I use hdmi to see what I am doing I have my laptop turn off pretty quickly after I turn it on. When I boot up a game or something It will turn off the laptop sometimes the...
  10. Can i extract folder?

Can i extract folder?: Can i extract folder? not the zipped one, the normal one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-extract-folder/3866206f-7ac2-4098-b534-fd0e792d45b1