Windows 10: Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot

Discus and support Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I left my computer on earlier today and just went to use it. It appears the laptop has rebooted. It is showing a black screen (like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffZ2, May 30, 2019.

1. JeffZ2 Win User

Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot

Hi there,

I left my computer on earlier today and just went to use it. It appears the laptop has rebooted. It is showing a black screen (like a normal restart), with the Windows logo / 4 boxes is in the center of the screen, and on the bottom right is an icon that looks like a hard drive. There is a yellow circle around the hard drive icon, that is spinning. It will not go past this screen. I have never seen the hard drive icon / yellow circle before.

I have not tried a hard reboot yet - I have never seen this and don't want to break / corrupt it.

ANy ideas?

Surface Laptop 1st Gen - i5 8GB 256GB WIndows 10 Pro

Thanks,

Jeff

:)

JeffZ2, May 30, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, May 30, 2019
  3. Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup

Rebooted again the surface pro 4 since it was stuck booting to Surface UEFI followed the same instructions as the lady who posted this question "Surface Pro 4 stuck booting to Surface UEFI? Loop". Did all the steps but when it came to setting up windows
    I can't click on anything in the windoes setup, I can't even click next to continue to the next step. Funny thing is that if I remove the USB and open the Surface UEFI I can press and interact with the screen.

Please help before I smash this tablet, I've been frustrated for days. It shouldn't be this frustrating to use a product that's catered to everyone.

Bernadette Sofia, May 30, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Laptop - Windows 10 Pro - Stuck on reboot - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Pro

2. Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10: Hi!This morning I opened my laptop and it froze, so I forced shut it down by holding the power button.I pressed the power button again to start it up but it’s stuck in a restart/reboot loop. Just acer screen -> preparing to configure windows do not restart -> restarting.I’ve...
  3. Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10: Hi!This morning I opened my laptop and it froze, so I forced shut it down by holding the power button.I pressed the power button again to start it up but it’s stuck in a restart/reboot loop. Just acer screen -> preparing to configure windows do not restart -> restarting.I’ve...
  4. Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Checkboxes STUCK ON in Windows 11 on Surface Pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checkboxes STUCK ON in Windows 11 on Surface Pro...: On my Surface Pro tablet its working great, however no matter what method I choose of disabling checkboxes or re-disabling and restarting, they will not go away. What is going on?...
  6. Checkboxes STUCK ON in Windows 11 on Surface Pro...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checkboxes STUCK ON in Windows 11 on Surface Pro...: On my Surface Pro tablet its working great, however no matter what method I choose of disabling checkboxes or re-disabling and restarting, they will not go away. What is going on?...
  7. Can’t reboot surface pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t reboot surface pro: My surface pro i5 from 2017 has a message ‘ Can’t find bootable operating system check boot configuration’. Checking boot configuration doesn’t help doesn’t go anywhere. Don’t have back up. Probably need to create USB to try to reboot. Need help. Thanks...
  8. Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop: After updating by restarting my device, everything seemed to be going fine. But, after hitting a certain point on startup and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a warning message Saying to connect my PC, connect to WiFi, etc., which I do, but, when I...
  9. Laptop stuck in reboot

Laptop stuck in reboot: Hi I have a mecer z140c in is stuck in a continual loop where it is trying to undo changes to computer. How do I break this loop to get it to function properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-in-reboot/708c8e82-58bc-4c18-8099-914c85039f36
  10. Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup

Rebooted Surface Pro 4 with the USB which installs Windows 10 but it's stuck on Windows setup: Rebooted again the surface pro 4 since it was stuck booting to Surface UEFI followed the same instructions as the lady who posted this question "Surface Pro 4 stuck booting to Surface UEFI? Loop". Did all the steps but when it came to setting up windows I can't click on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro surface laptop