Windows 10: Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail

Discus and support Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All troubleshooting steps fail My Surface laptop shut down with a BSOD on start up. It had not been used for two days. No installs, or other Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnieNunan, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail

All troubleshooting steps fail

My Surface laptop shut down with a BSOD on start up. It had not been used for two days. No installs, or other Windows changes had been made. (A Windows update may have taken place). The laptop has never had any issues previous to this issue being seen.

On advice from Microsoft I ran through each of the Troubleshooting options finally opting to reset and keep nothing (i.e. a factory reset).

Throughout the process I had used my bitlocker key and known password.

The factory reset ran through various stages seeming to work, it took around 1 hour 30 minutes. But on conclusion said "Other user" and gave an option to enter a user name and password. Clearly this is problematic as a factory reset should take you to setup not to a known user name and password.

I entered my user name and password, as used during the troubleshooting process, and indeed to initiate the first reset. Incorrect username and password.

So now I have a laptop with a login screen that has no associated credentials, I note that this issue is a common one to Microsoft and has been cited as being related to a flawed update.

I decided to attempt another reset to see if perhaps something had gone wrong. This time I watched the process and it had several BSODs throughout the process and then concluded with the same Windows login. (Note it stuck on 64% during the reset process for quite some time and then after a while jumped straight to the Windows login).

The laptop has a 3 year warranty but I am pretty sure that if I take it back to the store I will be told it is a software error and thus not a warranty matter.

I believe there is a final suggested course of action which is to create a USB bootable device and then to set the USB as my boot drive. I am no IT hardware / software tech and have no desire to be, so is there a very clear path to complete such that I can discover what is going on with my 7 month old laptop.

With thanks.

:)

AnnieNunan, Jan 14, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 14, 2019
  3. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail

1. Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail - Similar Threads - Surface model 1769

2. Factory reset fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset fail: So I tried to factory reset my laptop, but I turned it off during factory reset, and now it's in like a blue screen boot loop. I've tried to trouble shoot it then restart it, but it just says "There was a problem resetting your pc, no changes made." I can't even go back to...
  3. Factory reset fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset fail: So I tried to factory reset my laptop, but I turned it off during factory reset, and now it's in like a blue screen boot loop. I've tried to trouble shoot it then restart it, but it just says "There was a problem resetting your pc, no changes made." I can't even go back to...
  4. Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.: Computer will not start up after factory reset. Windows installation will not complete and each attempt to hard boot to restart has failed. Windows safe mode is not populating and I'm stuck in a loop with the "Install Windows" box not clearing. What can I try now? I've read...
  5. Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.

Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.: Computer will not start up after factory reset. Windows installation will not complete and each attempt to hard boot to restart has failed. Windows safe mode is not populating and I'm stuck in a loop with the "Install Windows" box not clearing. What can I try now? I've read...
  6. Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Tons of BSOD Errors, Any suggestions besides Factory Reset?

Tons of BSOD Errors, Any suggestions besides Factory Reset?: Hiya, Microsoft support just told me to do a factory reset and I don't have the time to reinstall a computer's worth of files on a weekday, so! Might as well give this a shot in case anyone has a clue before I have to resort to that on the weekend. I've been getting tons of...
  8. Tons of BSOD Errors, Any suggestions besides Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tons of BSOD Errors, Any suggestions besides Factory Reset?: Hiya, Microsoft support just told me to do a factory reset and I don't have the time to reinstall a computer's worth of files on a weekday, so! Might as well give this a shot in case anyone has a clue before I have to resort to that on the weekend. I've been getting tons of...
  9. BSOD troubleshooting 2.0 - Reports Included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD troubleshooting 2.0 - Reports Included: Dear Windows Community, After some success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-due-to-ntoskrnlexe/502d637c-dff8-4d26-a92c-0e4fbda64f24 Windows has been stable for a few days, but I just had a BSOD during a file transfer between 2 external hard...
  10. All Troubleshooting Fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Troubleshooting Fails: Maybe the mod who moved this thread the first time will let it alone ... Somehow, and I really have no idea how, I was able to get this Dell All-in-One to boot from a W10 DVD and I got the normal W10 Choose an option screen. Unfortunately, nothing seems to work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft 1769 factory reset