Windows 10: Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on...

Discus and support Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My surface pro had been bugging me about doing this update so today I updated my computer. It had two external monitors and external speakers that ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Milehigh5280, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on...

My surface pro had been bugging me about doing this update so today I updated my computer. It had two external monitors and external speakers that ran out of the docking station. No it doesn't see any of those devices. They aren't listed in the device manager. There or no display adapters shown in device manager. The update was successful. If I boot with no display ports being used and then plug them in nothing happens. Not even the familiar sound you get when you us a port for the first time. This is a horrible upgrade experience. I would expect a surface pro of all things to be able to work properly after a windows 10 upgrade which is forced on us. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

:)

Milehigh5280, Oct 26, 2020
  2. WendyB2 Win User

External monitors no longer detected

Have been using 2 external monitors with my surface laptop via a surface dock, and as of today they are no longer detected.

WendyB2, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Windows No Longer Detects my External Monitors

For the past year, I have connected two external monitors, a keyboard, mouse and speakers to my laptop through a docking station. I ran Windows Defender for the first time this morning following the update to Windows 10 version 1083. I left my apartment
    while Windows Defender performed a full scan. When I returned, Windows no longer detected either external monitor through the docking station. The mouse, speakers and keyboard still work though. When I disconnected one of the monitors from the docking station
    and connected the monitor directly into the laptop, Windows does detect that monitor.

Is this a Microsoft bug?

MichaelBraunger, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on...

Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.

Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second monitor on my surface pro.

It used to detect the Dell S2440L, but I moved locations and set the second monitor up again after it being disconnected for -1- month.

It no longer detects the second monitor. Also, the driver is not listed in Device Manager/Drivers list.

Peg Futrell, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on...

1. Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on... - Similar Threads - Surface longer detects

2. laptop wont detect external monitor after win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont detect external monitor after win11 upgrade: i have a laptop. i updated to win11 and my second monitor stopped being detected. it still works i can get my switch to show on the external monster. ive gone into the control panel and have updated the drivers ive looked in the monitor tab and it only sees the integrated...
  3. laptop wont detect external monitor after win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop wont detect external monitor after win11 upgrade: i have a laptop. i updated to win11 and my second monitor stopped being detected. it still works i can get my switch to show on the external monster. ive gone into the control panel and have updated the drivers ive looked in the monitor tab and it only sees the integrated...
  4. Laptop/windows 11 can no longer detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop/windows 11 can no longer detect external monitor: I went into the office this week and my laptop/Windows 11 would not detect the monitor. Here's the trouble shooting I've done so far: Tried connecting to 3 different monitors with 3 different cables, then came home and now it doesn't recognize home monitor. Updated bios,...
  5. Laptop/windows 11 can no longer detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop/windows 11 can no longer detect external monitor: I went into the office this week and my laptop/Windows 11 would not detect the monitor. Here's the trouble shooting I've done so far: Tried connecting to 3 different monitors with 3 different cables, then came home and now it doesn't recognize home monitor. Updated bios,...
  6. External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade: External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-no-more-detects-or-works-after/ce88ff4e-f357-4aa9-ad59-2dfa0b342afa
  7. External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade: After the Windows 10 20H2 update, my external monitor is no more detecting. I tried updating all the drivers to the latest, swapped the HDMI cable, swapped the monitor but no change. Uninstall of Display drivers also did not help, I think for some reason the HDMI port if not...
  8. Monitor speaker are not detected by windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor speaker are not detected by windows: My monitor is an acer kg241bmiix. I use my headphones and sometimes my monitor speaker but I can't detect them now, I only detect my headphones. When I unplug my headphones, I have no headphones or speaker detected. Any solution to this ? edit : I have an amd graphic...
  9. Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor no longer detectable after WIndows 10 upgrade: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Throughout the upgrade process I was using my second monitor. When Windows 10 finished installing, my second monitor no longer worked. I tried to troubleshoot it by upgrading the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  10. Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor: Since June 2017, I have been using my Lenovo Miix 510 PC/tablet (Windows 10 – 64 bit) with an ASUS external monitor (VS-228H-P) and it worked as expected. However, as of a few days ago, my Miix 510 is no longer able to detect the external monitor I have been using for the...