Windows 10: Surface OOBE Error Help

Discus and support Surface OOBE Error Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, So I've run into an issue initializing my surface go and I'm not sure what to do. Here's my brief on the situation: I've had my surface go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/K0HR, Apr 27, 2021.

1. /u/K0HR Win User

Surface OOBE Error Help

Hi all,

So I've run into an issue initializing my surface go and I'm not sure what to do.

Here's my brief on the situation:

I've had my surface go for a year and it's worked well. Never really had a problem with it.

I'm passing it along to someone else and so I did the full wipe/reset process.

Now, however, it fails to go through OOBE for them (that is, the 'out of box experience', or initialization procedure). What happens is, when they get to the wifi step, they get a OOBEEULA error and are asked to try again.

Now here's the thing. There are some reports about this on the general error message on the internet. But, none of these take into account the unique situation of the Surface Go - namely, 'S-Mode' ... The ordinary fix for the situation requires going into a command prompt and adding a new admin user. But in S-Mode, (which it seems the Surface Go resets to automatically) does not allow you to open a command prompt... So I'm not sure what to do! Any ideas?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/K0HR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/K0HR, Apr 27, 2021

2. OOBE

Hi,

To assist you better regarding with OOBE message, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the error message.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlos Tin, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Anyone else having OOBE issues with Surface Pro 4?

Unfortunately....

Prerequisites

You must be using a Toshiba device that has Windows 10 installed.

A Microsoft Surface isn't a Toshiba device Surface OOBE Error Help :( and the KB page doesn't say what the update does, though I could hope it fixes some of the missing OOBE features. I've already reset this device once thinking the OOBE not asking for a computer name or username
    was a bug or a step I accidentally skipped. I can do it again if there's an update that applies to Surface.

As for AntonyJose, Microsoft support on answers.Microsoft.com is absolutely unhelpful, as always Surface OOBE Error Help :) but I appreciate the effort. Here's a screenshot of some of the issues I'm concerned about. This is from

Sign in to your Microsoft account

Surface OOBE Error Help d907f0b8-5cd7-435a-83c7-6c73d57f7245.png

Jayce Nornin, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Surface OOBE Error Help

Anyone else having OOBE issues with Surface Pro 4?

I'm really getting frustrated with my brand new SP4, most of it because of the poorly redesigned Out Of Box Experience (OOBE). For example, the OOBE assigns a randomized computer name to my Surface (Desktop-XXXXXXX). I renamed my Surface and rebooted, but
    when I sign in to my Microsoft Account online it still shows the old randomly generated computer name - even after I've "removed" the device from my account and re-verified my Microsoft Account on the Surface. Also, the Surface is listed in my Devices on my
    Microsoft Account as a desktop computer and the serial # is not displayed with it. There is also no warranty status or other information, even though I have registered the serial number. (I'm expecting it to display like my SP3, with the correct computer name,
    serial number, and warranty information.)

Since it seems to be identifying as a desktop and not reporting the serial number or correct computer name, I'm somewhat concerned I have a faulty Surface. Is anyone else encountered these kinds of issues with their SP4? Have you been able to get any of them
    sorted?

FYI - yes, I know the OOBE was neutered and doesn't ask for a computer name, username, or settings transfer anymore. It's tragic. But I should still expect the Surface to identify correctly on my Microsoft Account page.

Jayce Nornin, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Surface OOBE Error Help

1. Surface OOBE Error Help - Similar Threads - Surface OOBE Error

2. OOBE errors and error 800705b4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OOBE errors and error 800705b4: I have a new Dell desk top and I am starting it for the first time, it shows and error of OOBElanguage, then a OOBEkeyboard error and each time I try again the same thing happens if I skip it all and get to the sign up page and put in all my details it says "something went...
  3. OOBE errors and error 800705b4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OOBE errors and error 800705b4: I have a new Dell desk top and I am starting it for the first time, it shows and error of OOBElanguage, then a OOBEkeyboard error and each time I try again the same thing happens if I skip it all and get to the sign up page and put in all my details it says "something went...
  4. Oobe errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oobe errors: I got a new pc recently. And when I boot it up to get through the oobe page, it keeps showing errors that say “oobeeula” “oobekeyboard”, etc. Is there anyway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oobe-errors/602e0c11-9aa3-404a-86aa-dd3501e364c7
  5. Oobe errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oobe errors: I got a new pc recently. And when I boot it up to get through the oobe page, it keeps showing errors that say “oobeeula” “oobekeyboard”, etc. Is there anyway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oobe-errors/602e0c11-9aa3-404a-86aa-dd3501e364c7
  6. OOBE screen after login [Ask] [help]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OOBE screen after login [Ask] [help]: after my Windows update to 2004 version appears OOBE screen after logging in [ATTACH] at first i thought this had not entered the desktop, but after i press "Windows + x" and open "Task Manager" from there, i found an active application called "Microsoft Account" after i...
  7. OOBE broken. Please HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE broken. Please HELP: I've made similar threads already but I will keep making them until I get a response. I did a factory reset of my win10 laptop. Windows reinstalled fine. But the OOBE is broken. After I choose my keyboard layout, it tells me "Something went wrong, try again" and just keeps...
  8. OOBE

in Windows 10 Customization
    OOBE: My OOBE stopped part way through, so how can I start it back to gfinish it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oobe/067e1b25-9e60-4a45-9812-cfcf891d43c0
  9. OOBE errors?

OOBE errors?: I brought a new pc on eBay it came with no operating system so I installed windows 10 on it but on the setup it keeps coming up with OOBE errors and I get past them but then at the end it just goes back the start of the setup. Any help would be amazing....
  10. Windows 10 oobe error

Windows 10 oobe error: Hello, i have an HP pc which i upgraded to window 10 using the mediacreation tool and used the "upgrade this pc" option. It all worked fine, was using it for about 2 months, but due to slow performance i thought i should reset. I did so with the "clean drives" option... It...