Windows 10: Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

Discus and support Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not 100% sure but after last week as of this (10/29/18) touch or pen no longer works on taskbars. I can only click on the bar with keyboard. so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ramirezg, Oct 30, 2018.

1. ramirezg Win User

Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

Not 100% sure but after last week as of this (10/29/18) touch or pen no longer works on taskbars. I can only click on the bar with keyboard. so i cant get to app or any other taskbar icons like action center.

Notice one other thing since firmware update : The always on no longer works. After the update i the camera doesn't automatically look for me and the screen stays black. i have to hit the power

I went ahead and rest the GO. Did not fix any

***Edited title from Surface GO Firmware update 10-23-18 broke touch how to fix***

:)

ramirezg, Oct 30, 2018

2. Surface Pen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 30, 2018
  3. dencal Win User
    touch pen not working

Open Settings, click on Devices then Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth.
    Press and hold top button on pen until light flashes on side of pen.
    Surface Pen should then appear listed, tap on it to Connect.

dencal, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

Surface Pen Customisation

Hi Shakey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• When you say OneNote 2013, are you referring to Microsoft Office OneNote2013?

I would suggest you to refer to the link given below and check if it helps with your issue:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...rface-pen?os=windows-8.1-update-1#penfeatures

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

1. Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update - Similar Threads - Surface pen touch

2. Microsoft Surface Pen won't work after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pen won't work after update: After I updated my laptop yesterday my Surface Pen stopped working and I cant figure out what the problem is. It's connected it via Bluetooth and I've checked it's battery. It's still 95% full, blinks and my laptop responds with opening the whiteboard when i press the eraser...
  3. Microsoft Surface Pen won't work after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pen won't work after update: After I updated my laptop yesterday my Surface Pen stopped working and I cant figure out what the problem is. It's connected it via Bluetooth and I've checked it's battery. It's still 95% full, blinks and my laptop responds with opening the whiteboard when i press the eraser...
  4. Surface Pen not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pen not working: My Surface Pen is paired and connected to my Surface Book 3; however, none of the shortcut buttons like the eraser and side buttons appear to work. I'm not sure if this problem is associated to the pen's battery or apps interfering with the connections....
  5. pen and touch

pen and touch: hello my name is ryan and yesterday i did and update on my computer and when it was done the touch screen function was uninstalled and i cant seam to find the driver anywhere on line. can some one help me out this laptop is in side of a truck and needs the touch screen...
  6. How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface: [ATTACH]Microsoft Surface offers a touch screen along with support for Pen. However, not everyone […] This article How to disable Pen and Touch actions on Microsoft Surface first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Surface pen not working with photoshop

Surface pen not working with photoshop: Hi! My surface pen is not working with Photoshop but it does work with other apps what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pen-not-working-with-photoshop/7a735994-b882-4fe3-8835-f7368a0f4df0
  8. Surface Pen Tip not working after last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pen Tip not working after last update.: I updated my Surface Go today, but the tip of my Surface Pen does not draw or even show the cursor. The eraser side is ok though. submitted by /u/phx_zephyr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/guybo5/surface_pen_tip_not_working_after_last_update/
  9. Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users

Touch screen on Surface pro and pen stop working after switching users: I have had a strange issue that I can reproduce with Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. If I log in as user 1 and use it for a bit, then switch to user two. The touch screen and pen stop working. I have the keyboard cover with mouse and that still works. If I switch back to user...
  10. touch pen not working

touch pen not working: Had a problem with ,the touch screen not working. Got that fixed but now the touch screen works but the pen does not. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks 69913

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pen doesnt work

2. surface pen doesnt touch

3. touch works on surface but pen doesnt