Windows 10: Surface Pen Battery Hack

Discus and support Surface Pen Battery Hack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you're like me and you own a Surface Pro 3, and have had it about a year, chances are that you're just now or already have experienced the AAAA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hydranix, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Hydranix Win User

Surface Pen Battery Hack

If you're like me and you own a Surface Pro 3, and have had it about a year, chances are that you're just now or already have experienced the AAAA battery the stylus requires is dying.

AAAA batteries aren't exactly common in the US at least where I live, and aren't cheap either. Easily costing 240% more than their AAA counterpart, which also packs double the energy of a AAAA. So closer to 500% more in cost.

AAAA (US$0.005/mAh)
    AAA (US$0.001/mAh)

I can purchase a 9V alkaline battery and extract 6 AAAA batteries from the 9V at (US$0.001/mAh)

Here's what happens when you carefully open a 9V alkaline battery pack.

Surface Pen Battery Hack [​IMG]

Careful though, cheaper 9V batteries use Carbon-Zinc instead of alkaline cells.

If you open a 9V and find this: you're out of luck.

Surface Pen Battery Hack [​IMG]

(Dispose of properly, in the EU its illegal to throw out Carbon-Zinc batteries in the trash, in California all batteries are illegal to throw out in the thrash)

:)

Hydranix, Aug 26, 2016

2. Surface pen not writing.

I have Surface Pro i5. the small tip on the pen doesn't work, but other functions do. I have removed batteries, restarted Surface, etc and still not working

BettyGwaltney1, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Surface pro 4 pen stops working

Hello Johannes,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

If your Surface Pen won’t write, open OneNote, or connect to Bluetooth, the solution may be as simple as installing updates, replacing batteries or the tip, or pairing your pen with your Surface.

I suggest you to refer the below article and check if it helps you troubleshooting the issue you are facing.

Refer: Troubleshoot Surface Pen

Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 26, 2016
Thema:

Surface Pen Battery Hack

1. Surface Pen Battery Hack - Similar Threads - Surface Pen Battery

2. Surface pen 1776

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pen 1776: Hello, I will buy this pen, but is it compatible with Xiaomi mi book s 12.4 win 11 pro? I have a bamboo ink 2nd pen, it does not connect to the tablet. Thank you in advance for your answers....
  3. Surface pen 1776

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pen 1776: Hello, I will buy this pen, but is it compatible with Xiaomi mi book s 12.4 win 11 pro? I have a bamboo ink 2nd pen, it does not connect to the tablet. Thank you in advance for your answers....
  4. How to reset surface pen?

How to reset surface pen?: My surface go 2 broke recently with my pen connected, I bought a new surface and now when I try to connect it, it flashes for 2-3 seconds which means it is already paired but I can not unpair because my laptop is broken, so how do I reset the pen?...
  5. Window 10 surface pen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 surface pen: Hi, I just got my laptop and pen. And on the second day of me using it, the pen doesn't want to work on the right end, instead it wants to use the end that has shortcuts. I've tired to fix it by unpairing it and pairing it again but nothing seems to work, I know the battery...
  6. Window 10 surface pen

Window 10 surface pen: Hi, I just got my laptop and pen. And on the second day of me using it, the pen doesn't want to work on the right end, instead it wants to use the end that has shortcuts. I've tired to fix it by unpairing it and pairing it again but nothing seems to work, I know the battery...
  7. Surface pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pen: I have a pen for my Microsoft surface go and on the box it says that its compatible with my surface go but it doesn't have any instructions on how to connect it. On the side the box says Skymirror and there is no top button or light on the stylus to let me connect it or to...
  8. Surface Pen not working

Surface Pen not working: My Surface Pen is paired and connected to my Surface Book 3; however, none of the shortcut buttons like the eraser and side buttons appear to work. I'm not sure if this problem is associated to the pen's battery or apps interfering with the connections....
  9. Surface Pen not showing in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pen not showing in Settings: I've connected the Surface Pen to my Surface Pro using bluetooth, and it's showing in the devices screen:...but when I try to change the settings, it's not showing all the options in the Pen and Windows Ink screen...Why is this, please?...
  10. Surface pen compatibilty

Surface pen compatibilty: I have an rca cambio 2in1 windows 10 tablet and i was wondering if a dell premium active pen is compatible with it? It pairs via bluetooth and the top button functions as it should but it will not ink in any of the apps. Is this an issue i can resolve by downloading a driver...