Windows 10: Surface Pen intermittent input

Discus and support Surface Pen intermittent input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562IA along with a Surface Pen.Connecting worked like a charm. However, the input is highly unreliable and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clemens_F, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Clemens_F Win User

Surface Pen intermittent input

I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562IA along with a Surface Pen.Connecting worked like a charm. However, the input is highly unreliable and has been from the start.When writing in any app that supports Windows Ink, the connection seems to break off after about every other word. Every time this happens, it takes anywhere from 2-4 seconds until it's responsive again which renders pen input unusable to me.When using the pen as a mouse, the issue at least doesn't seem to occur.I tried the followingSurface Pen intermittent input :Disable touch input to exclude that it's because of faulty palm recognitionSwap the b

:)

Clemens_F, Jan 22, 2022

2. Surface Pen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Surface pen input in W10

Hey Jonathan,

When you go on text fields (mainly browser it seems), does the touch keyboard come up as pen input first? My surface is doing that, I change it to keyboard and then next time I go on it, I'm back to pen input again! Frustrating! Just wondered if yours is
    the same?

WilliamPyle, Jan 22, 2022
  4. PaulaSk Win User

Surface Pro 3 Pen works intermittently

I have followed all of the steps and the pen worked with each of them. As I mentioned before, this is an intermittently however frequent problem. As a matter of fact after I went through all of the steps and booted back into normal mode, the pen worked
    to bring up outlook and the internet. However when I tried to click on "reply" to the previous message it did not work!

PaulaSk, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Surface Pen intermittent input - Similar Threads - Surface Pen intermittent

2. Surface pen 1776

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pen 1776: Hello, I will buy this pen, but is it compatible with Xiaomi mi book s 12.4 win 11 pro? I have a bamboo ink 2nd pen, it does not connect to the tablet. Thank you in advance for your answers....
  3. Pen input for T14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen input for T14: Hi Forum, Hope all is well. I was recently given a Lenovo ThinkPad T14 by work and only just realised it has a touch screen. I tried to use the pen came with my personal Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Tablet on it and it doesn't work. The T14 runs windows 10 and I have checked the Pen &...
  4. Pen input for T14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pen input for T14: Hi Forum, Hope all is well. I was recently given a Lenovo ThinkPad T14 by work and only just realised it has a touch screen. I tried to use the pen came with my personal Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Tablet on it and it doesn't work. The T14 runs windows 10 and I have checked the Pen &...
  5. Surface Pen intermittent input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pen intermittent input: I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562IA along with a Surface Pen.Connecting worked like a charm. However, the input is highly unreliable and has been from the start.When writing in any app that supports Windows Ink, the connection seems to break off after about...
  6. Surface pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pen: I have a pen for my Microsoft surface go and on the box it says that its compatible with my surface go but it doesn't have any instructions on how to connect it. On the side the box says Skymirror and there is no top button or light on the stylus to let me connect it or to...
  7. Surface Pen Intermittently Disconnecting Surface Pro 7+

Surface Pen Intermittently Disconnecting Surface Pro 7+: I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7+. It came with the Gen 3 Surface Pen. Since day 1, the surface pen has been glitching out; becoming non responsive at random intervals, but frequently glitching out. I've noticed that even when in device manager window, it refreshes every...
  8. Surface pen compatibilty

Surface pen compatibilty: I have an rca cambio 2in1 windows 10 tablet and i was wondering if a dell premium active pen is compatible with it? It pairs via bluetooth and the top button functions as it should but it will not ink in any of the apps. Is this an issue i can resolve by downloading a driver...
  9. inverted pen Input

inverted pen Input: Recently I have changed a screen on my laptop HP ENVY x 360 but met a strange issue because when I am trying to use my Bamboo Ink pen it is inverted. The first thing I did to fix it was checking all the drivers but it didn’t help. I know this type of the issue is connected...
  10. Pen Input inverted

Pen Input inverted: I have an HP ENVY x360, and I recently got it back from a repair shop, had to get a new screen. Now whenever I try and use my Bamboo Ink pen it is inverted. I have checked for new drivers for everything I can think of and it still didn't work. I don't know if it could be the...