Windows 10: Surface Pen Intermittently Disconnecting Surface Pro 7+

Discus and support Surface Pen Intermittently Disconnecting Surface Pro 7+ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7+. It came with the Gen 3 Surface Pen. Since day 1, the surface pen has been glitching out; becoming non responsive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jono.S, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Jono.S Win User

Surface Pen Intermittently Disconnecting Surface Pro 7+

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7+. It came with the Gen 3 Surface Pen. Since day 1, the surface pen has been glitching out; becoming non responsive at random intervals, but frequently glitching out. I've noticed that even when in device manager window, it refreshes every time the pen becomes unresponsive. I'm not sure what that means but it might help to find a diagnosis.Before I get the same old recommendations I better list what I have already tried:-Battery has been replaced AAAA battery only-Checked for updates and ensured Windows is fully up to date.-Made sure surface pen

:)

Jono.S, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced - June 28 Surface

Source: Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (28 June 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

jaburmester, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced - June 28

Source: Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (28 June 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Surface Pen Intermittently Disconnecting Surface Pro 7+ - Similar Threads - Surface Pen Intermittently

2. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  3. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  4. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  5. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  6. Surface Pen intermittent input

Surface Pen intermittent input: I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562IA along with a Surface Pen.Connecting worked like a charm. However, the input is highly unreliable and has been from the start.When writing in any app that supports Windows Ink, the connection seems to break off after about...
  7. Surface Pen intermittent input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pen intermittent input: I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562IA along with a Surface Pen.Connecting worked like a charm. However, the input is highly unreliable and has been from the start.When writing in any app that supports Windows Ink, the connection seems to break off after about...
  8. Surface pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pen: I have a pen for my Microsoft surface go and on the box it says that its compatible with my surface go but it doesn't have any instructions on how to connect it. On the side the box says Skymirror and there is no top button or light on the stylus to let me connect it or to...
  9. Surface pro 7 S pen shortcuts

Surface pro 7 S pen shortcuts: Hi everyone, So, I am having trouble customizing my s pen shortcuts. It started when I set either one or double click to sticky notes, from then on sticky notes seems to be the default for all clicks even the press and hold. I have tried turning off the shortcuts and sticky...
  10. Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7, Surface Laptop 3, Pen Pressure StairCasing Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7, Surface Laptop 3, Pen Pressure StairCasing Issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NiveaGeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eom2x2/surface_pro_x_surface_pro_7_surface_laptop_3_pen/