Windows 10: Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop

Discus and support Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, I recently wanted to use make better use of my old and slow MS Surface 3 by using it as a Remote Desktop Client to my main Computer. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KonstantinFromHome, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop

Hey there,

I recently wanted to use make better use of my old and slow MS Surface 3 by using it as a Remote Desktop Client to my main Computer. So far it works pretty well, but my Surface Pen Bought only recently, so a new one seems to be recognized as a Mouse:

-When I hover and touch the display of my Surface while Remoting to the Computer, it shows the classic Mouse Cursor

-It doesn't allow me to scroll through Webpages, for example I can still do that with my finger like normal, tough

-In OneNote, whenever I want to draw and select a Pen or Highlighter, and I try to draw, the cursor changes automatically to the Select Objects Button. Only when 'Draw with Mouse or Touch' is enabled, I can draw with the Pen. Also, OneNote can't distinguish between the Tip and the Eraser of the Pen.

I can find the Pen in Device Manager, in the 'Human Interface Devices' Section, as 'HID-compliant pen' When using the Surface on its own, there is in addition to the 'HID-compliant pen' 'Surface Pen Settings', in the same Section.

When using the Surface on its own, I haven't experienced any problems at all.

I have: Fairly recent Windows Editions on both devices both Win10, and am using the 'OneNote for Windows 10'-App, also on both devices. Remote Desktop also has the most recent update from the Store.

Any help how I can fix this Problem would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks a lot :

Konstantin

:)

KonstantinFromHome, Dec 8, 2020

2. Surface Pen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

Troubleshoot your Surface Pen

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 8, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Genius Redesigns the Pen Mouse

Genius, after receiving great reception for its Pen Mouse from consumers, has introduced the carbon grey Pen Mouse with a redesigned shape for improved grip and pen clip for portability. Using 2.4 Ghz wireless technology, Genius' Pen Mouse, shaped like a fountain pen, allows users to sit back in their chair and use their leg, palm, or any number of unconventional surfaces, as a mouse pad. Even while standing or giving presentations users can use Pen Mouse to control their PC.

Not just a convenient mousing option, Pen Mouse also helps those with wrist problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome as it prevents aggravating injuries unlike regular mice as it does not require use of the wrist.

Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop 279a_thm.jpg

Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop 279b_thm.jpg

Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop 279c_thm.jpg

This mouse functions on almost any surface, including your palm, with its three dpi settings, switchable between 400/800/1200 dpi to accommodate various sensitivity preferences. A slight, downward push activates the left-click, while right-click and flying-scroll buttons, towards the tip of the Pen Mouse, give users a brand new mousing experience that is both comfortable and accurate. Pushing the flying-scroll button and vertically or horizontally moving the Pen Mouse produces fast and convenient scrolling.

The wireless Pen Mouse connects to desktops and notebooks via USB with a very small, Pico dongle. Powered by a single AAA battery, Genius' Pen Mouse enters a power-saving sleep-mode when not in use. To start mousing again, simply press any button. Also, provided is a carrying case that protects the Pen Mouse and dongle when traveling.

The Pen Mouse in new carbon grey or silver color options is now available in the US for the suggested retail price of $49.99. More product information available here.

btarunr, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop

Surface Pen Customisation

Hi Shakey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• When you say OneNote 2013, are you referring to Microsoft Office OneNote2013?

I would suggest you to refer to the link given below and check if it helps with your issue:

Official Home of Microsoft Surface Computers, Laptops, 2-in-1’s, Dual-Screen & Devices

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop

1. Surface Pen not being recognized as Pen, but as Mouse, with Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Surface Pen being

2. Surface pen 1776

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pen 1776: Hello, I will buy this pen, but is it compatible with Xiaomi mi book s 12.4 win 11 pro? I have a bamboo ink 2nd pen, it does not connect to the tablet. Thank you in advance for your answers....
  3. Surface pen 1776

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pen 1776: Hello, I will buy this pen, but is it compatible with Xiaomi mi book s 12.4 win 11 pro? I have a bamboo ink 2nd pen, it does not connect to the tablet. Thank you in advance for your answers....
  4. Surface pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pen: I have a pen for my Microsoft surface go and on the box it says that its compatible with my surface go but it doesn't have any instructions on how to connect it. On the side the box says Skymirror and there is no top button or light on the stylus to let me connect it or to...
  5. Surface Pen not working

Surface Pen not working: My Surface Pen is paired and connected to my Surface Book 3; however, none of the shortcut buttons like the eraser and side buttons appear to work. I'm not sure if this problem is associated to the pen's battery or apps interfering with the connections....
  6. Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop

Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop: I have a MSFT Surface Mouse that does not connect to my Surface Laptop - this stopped recently after I switched the mouse off using the button on the rear. When I switched it back on I wasn't able to connect. For the Surface Pen I am able to open Sticky Notes by clicking...
  7. Surface pen compatibilty

Surface pen compatibilty: I have an rca cambio 2in1 windows 10 tablet and i was wondering if a dell premium active pen is compatible with it? It pairs via bluetooth and the top button functions as it should but it will not ink in any of the apps. Is this an issue i can resolve by downloading a driver...
  8. Problem with mouse pen

Problem with mouse pen: My mouse pen sometimes changes the pointer into a white dot that is really irritating. I think a touch screen mode is a culprit because I am able to scroll when I am dragging the pen up while clicking on it...
  9. Problem with mouse pen

Problem with mouse pen: My mouse pen sometimes changes the pointer into a white dot that is really irritating. I think a touch screen mode is a culprit because I am able to scroll when I am dragging the pen up while clicking on it....
  10. Surface Pen Battery Hack

Surface Pen Battery Hack: If you're like me and you own a Surface Pro 3, and have had it about a year, chances are that you're just now or already have experienced the AAAA battery the stylus requires is dying. AAAA batteries aren't exactly common in the US at least where I live, and aren't cheap...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows remote desktop not working with stylus