Windows 10: Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection

Discus and support Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 6 and the latest generation of the Surface Pen I believe flat, no clip, one button on the side. I can use the pen to navigate and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AcornNutZ, Feb 13, 2020.

1. AcornNutZ Win User

Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection

I have a Surface Pro 6 and the latest generation of the Surface Pen I believe flat, no clip, one button on the side. I can use the pen to navigate and write on the screen, however, I'm not able to pair it so I can use the eraser button to open apps. I just checked for updates and have installed the latest OS updates that were available for Win 10, 1909, build 18363.657. I've replaced the battery in the pen and that has had no effect on its ability to be discoverable.

Matt

:)

AcornNutZ, Feb 13, 2020

2. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

jaburmester, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Surface pen not writing.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Which model of Microsoft Surface you are using?
    • Is it not working only in writing mode?
    • You have also mentioned Windows 10 PC in your query? Are you facing issue on computer?
    Please refer the steps in the given Microsoft help article :

Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen with two side buttons:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...oubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10#otherW10

Reboot the device and check the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Feb 13, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Try the tips from Microsoft Support at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ft-surface-pen. In my case when this happened, I needed to replace the single AAAA battery inside my Pen. Perhaps you might find some of these suggestions helpful.

--Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection - Similar Threads - Surface Pen writes

2. Surface Pen Won't Write + Missing Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pen Won't Write + Missing Drivers: My surface pen for my Surface Pro 7+ stopped writing. I have had this problem before, and used to be able to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling, or updating certain drivers. That didn't work this time, and I have tried everything. My pen battery is 60% and still connects...
  3. Surface Pen Won't Write + Missing Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pen Won't Write + Missing Drivers: My surface pen for my Surface Pro 7+ stopped writing. I have had this problem before, and used to be able to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling, or updating certain drivers. That didn't work this time, and I have tried everything. My pen battery is 60% and still connects...
  4. bluetooth not discoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not discoverable: I am using msi bravo 15 with ryzen 5 and rx5500h gpu , i have tried multiple attemts to fix bluetooth not discovering nearby devices troubleshooting dosent help, the problem started when i tried installing uninstalling gpu drivers i tried to find bluetooth drivers but...
  5. bluetooth not discoverable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not discoverable: I am using msi bravo 15 with ryzen 5 and rx5500h gpu , i have tried multiple attemts to fix bluetooth not discovering nearby devices troubleshooting dosent help, the problem started when i tried installing uninstalling gpu drivers i tried to find bluetooth drivers but...
  6. Bluetooth error "discoverable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth error "discoverable": I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is discoverable then try again"What should I do?...
  7. Bluetooth Discoverability

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Discoverability: I can't seem to get my PC to add Bluetooth headphones. when I go into settings and click on "allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" it won't save the settings, nor does it discover the headphones after I put them in pairing mode. What do I do to get this to work?...
  8. Microsoft surface book pen buttons work but pen tip will not write

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft surface book pen buttons work but pen tip will not write: I have a microsoft surface book 1st gen and the pen does not work. Buttons work fine but the tip will not write. Heres what I have tried: 1. Removing device from Bluetooth and then adding it back 2. changing the battery 3. I even bought a new pen thinking it may be the...
  9. Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write: Hi! I recently changed battery for surface pro 4 pen as it had stopped working. After changing battery, I can open "Windows Ink Place" however unable to write with surface pen. I have also changed the Surface Pro 4 Pen tip. Please advice Sunil G...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen: My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen. I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this. Please note tip is not broken. Before...