Windows 10: Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection

Discus and support Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 6 and the latest generation of the Surface Pen I believe flat, no clip, one button on the side. I can use the pen to navigate and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AcornNutZ, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:52 AM.

1. AcornNutZ Win User

Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection

I have a Surface Pro 6 and the latest generation of the Surface Pen I believe flat, no clip, one button on the side. I can use the pen to navigate and write on the screen, however, I'm not able to pair it so I can use the eraser button to open apps. I just checked for updates and have installed the latest OS updates that were available for Win 10, 1909, build 18363.657. I've replaced the battery in the pen and that has had no effect on its ability to be discoverable.

Matt

:)

2. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

3. Isha Soni Win User
    Surface pen not writing.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Which model of Microsoft Surface you are using?
    • Is it not working only in writing mode?
    • You have also mentioned Windows 10 PC in your query? Are you facing issue on computer?
    Please refer the steps in the given Microsoft help article :

Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen with two side buttons:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...oubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10#otherW10

Reboot the device and check the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

4. EdTittel Win User

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Try the tips from Microsoft Support at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ft-surface-pen. In my case when this happened, I needed to replace the single AAAA battery inside my Pen. Perhaps you might find some of these suggestions helpful.

--Ed--

Thema:

1. Surface Pen writes on screen but is not discoverable for Bluetooth connection - Similar Threads - Surface Pen writes

2. Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Mouse or Pen not connecting to Surface Laptop: I have a MSFT Surface Mouse that does not connect to my Surface Laptop - this stopped recently after I switched the mouse off using the button on the rear. When I switched it back on I wasn't able to connect. For the Surface Pen I am able to open Sticky Notes by clicking...
  3. Surface pen compatibilty

Surface pen compatibilty: I have an rca cambio 2in1 windows 10 tablet and i was wondering if a dell premium active pen is compatible with it? It pairs via bluetooth and the top button functions as it should but it will not ink in any of the apps. Is this an issue i can resolve by downloading a driver...
  4. Surface bluetooth connection

Surface bluetooth connection: My Surface Pro bluetooth connection keeps dropping. I can boot and my keyboard and mouse work fine for awhile and then they just sop working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-bluetooth-connection/b3d78d8a-e9ed-4ad1-bd3e-2563c646b6b8
  5. UE Wonderboom not discoverable on Bluetooth

UE Wonderboom not discoverable on Bluetooth: Using : HP Laptop Win 10 (1-year-old) and UE Wonderboom also (1-year-old) UE wonderBoom works perfectly on a number of Android devices but not discoverable by HP Laptop Win 10. (Note : Bluetooth does work through Win 10 on a 3rd party DAC, connected to an amplifier.)...
  6. Bluetooth connecting a Windows 10 laptop to a bluetooth transmitter that is not discoverable

Bluetooth connecting a Windows 10 laptop to a bluetooth transmitter that is not discoverable: Hello, I have an unusual question regarding Bluetooth pairing. I purchased a Bluetooth transmitter to connect to my TV so I can connect Bluetooth headphones to the TV. This works fine and I can connect my Bluetooth headphones to the transmitter by pushing the paring...
  7. Surface Pro 4 Can't write or reply to emails in Gmail with pen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 Can't write or reply to emails in Gmail with pen: I can't use my surface pro 4 stylus pen to write emails directly to Gmail like my GalaxyNote 8. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Display and screen...
  8. Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write: Hi! I recently changed battery for surface pro 4 pen as it had stopped working. After changing battery, I can open "Windows Ink Place" however unable to write with surface pen. I have also changed the Surface Pro 4 Pen tip. Please advice Sunil G...
  9. Bluetooth: Is my computer discoverable or not?

Bluetooth: Is my computer discoverable or not?: On my laptop under Settings>Devices>Bluetooth>Manage Bluetooth devices I have the button switched to "On". The note below the button reads, "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices." If I click on "More Bluetooth options" the Bluetooth settings...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen: My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen. I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this. Please note tip is not broken. Before...