Windows 10: Surface PIN invalid

Discus and support Surface PIN invalid in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set up my surface only to find when I opened next, the PIN I had selected was invalid. It says to go to settings>accounts>sign in to reset but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LKHaven, Nov 28, 2019.

1. LKHaven Win User

Surface PIN invalid

I set up my surface only to find when I opened next, the PIN I had selected was invalid. It says to go to settings>accounts>sign in to reset but I cannot get to settings.

:)

LKHaven, Nov 28, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

wont accept or allow me to change to a PIN on surface pro

We recommend that you perform a two-button reset to troubleshoot the problem. Here's how it is done:

• Turn off your Surface Pro.
    • Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button simultaneously for at least 15 seconds.
    • Release both buttons and wait for about 10 seconds.
    • Switch on your Surface Pro normally.

After performing the steps above, try to sign in again using your pin.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 28, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Surface PIN invalid

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Surface PIN invalid

1. Surface PIN invalid - Similar Threads - Surface PIN invalid

2. Roblox robux pin invalid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox robux pin invalid?: Just recently I redeemed 100 robux I got the message and it gave me the pin I went to Roblox to redeem it "Pin invalid" I even copy pasted the pin and it still didn't work anyone know why and can help me?...
  3. Roblox robux pin invalid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox robux pin invalid?: Just recently I redeemed 100 robux I got the message and it gave me the pin I went to Roblox to redeem it "Pin invalid" I even copy pasted the pin and it still didn't work anyone know why and can help me?...
  4. Invalid pin and incorrect password

Invalid pin and incorrect password: When I turned the computer on yesterday , it displayed only black screen with the mouse. Then I searched some information about this issue in Baidu,the computer was in the diagonstic startup mode,it restarted automatically.It seemed everything was ok,but the windows login...
  5. Invalid pin and incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Invalid pin and incorrect password: When I turned the computer on yesterday , it displayed only black screen with the mouse. Then I searched some information about this issue in Baidu,the computer was in the diagonstic startup mode,it restarted automatically.It seemed everything was ok,but the windows login...
  6. Invalid pin and incorrect password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Invalid PIN after laptop update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid PIN after laptop update: Hi, Yesterday I had to update my Lenovo Ideapad330 and after such update I can no longer open my laptop. It says invalid PIN. I have never changed my PIN. I really hope someone can help me with this problem as I do not have access to my laptop....
  8. Invalid PIN after laptop update

Invalid PIN after laptop update: Hi, Yesterday I had to update my Lenovo Ideapad330 and after such update I can no longer open my laptop. It says invalid PIN. I have never changed my PIN. I really hope someone can help me with this problem as I do not have access to my laptop....
  9. Pin invalid but password also?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin invalid but password also?: Hi! So when I started up my PC which I only got about a month ago after its first ever update, I got a message about the pin being unavailable. And I got to the point where I needed to do some other stuff like hard resetting my PC a couple times and getting to some menu, and...
  10. Invalid PIN in microsoft store.

Invalid PIN in microsoft store.: My Windows Hello PIN comes up as Invalid every time I try and sign in to the Microsoft store/Xbox app. I've reset the PIN many times and tried everything I've seen suggested online for similar issues, but nothing seems to work. The account signed in to windows 10 is not mine,...