Windows 10: Surface pro 2017 charging issue

Discus and support Surface pro 2017 charging issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My surface 2017 has an issue were it will not recognize the charging cable. I can eventually get it to recognize the connection by changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jacobtg27, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Jacobtg27 Win User

Surface pro 2017 charging issue

My surface 2017 has an issue were it will not recognize the charging cable. I can eventually get it to recognize the connection by changing the direction of the end of the cable plugged into the surface or unplugging the cable from the outlet and plugging it back in. Is this a known issue. I have not tried a second cable as I only have the one that came with the device. I've had the device for about 6 months.

:)

Jacobtg27, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Mar 26, 2019
  3. new arc mouse not working with surface pro 2017

Hi Clyde,

Normally, this issue may occur due to the incompatibility of the driver or if there were settings that were not configured properly. We'd like to know if you're getting any error messages when trying to pair your mouse with your PC. Also, have you tried using
    a different mouse on your Surface Pro 2017?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps on this link and check
    if it helps to resolve the issue.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface pro 2017 charging issue - Similar Threads - Surface pro 2017

2. Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth: Hi, I recently connected my airpods to my 2017 Surface Pro via bluetooth but ever since a couple days after that my bluetooth has seemingly completely vanished. I have tried multiple solutions such as troubleshooting my driver in which I get back the error message, "device...
  3. Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping: Dear Sir, I just bought the Surface Pro 2017, during using it, I observed the clock is jumping (some before and some after the real day and time). I go to the Bios and see the time in the BIOS jumping a lot and the second did not count properly: some time jump 2hrs, some...
  4. onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017: Last week my files stopped syncing to onedrive through my surface. It persisted for a few days through some troubleshooting efforts, so I decided to disconnect my onedrive account from my surface and reconnect it. When I do this: I put my email in, followed by my password,...
  5. Unrelenting BSODs in new Surface Pro 2017

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unrelenting BSODs in new Surface Pro 2017: Hello there, I've been getting constant BSOD errors since I bought my Surface Pro 2017, just a couple of days ago. Here are my specs and DMP files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tpfrwyw8r9hm4u9/AACFVaze_x2Zh36kboK-Zs9sa?dl=0 At the beginning, they were mostly ATTEMPT TO WRITE...
  6. Surface pro charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro charging: I have a surface pro and after a period the connection between che charger and the device got worse and now it doesn’t work anymore. This happened also last year and then sunstituded my device, and now same problem with the new one. I changed charger many times. Did this ever...
  7. BSOD on Surface Pro 2017

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Surface Pro 2017: Hello, I just bought a new Surface Pro 2017 and I'm getting several BSOD errors, with the text "ATTEMPT TO WRITE READ ONLY MEMORY" while using the computer. Here are my DMP files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tpfrwyw8r9hm4u9/AACFVaze_x2Zh36kboK-Zs9sa?dl=0 Kind regards,...
  8. no October update on surface PRO 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no October update on surface PRO 2017: my custom PC already updated, but surface tells me it's up to date on 1803 should I wait oR download update assistant ? All of my setting are default I've tried update troubleshoot it fixed some config but still nothing. Thanks : )...
  9. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...
  10. Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining: I just got a new Surface Pro 2017. When I click on the battery icon or hovering over it, it only shows the percent remaining and not the time remaining. I have a Pro 4 also with the Creators Update and it shows the time remaining along with the percent. Does anyone know if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plugged in not charging surface pro 2017

2. surface pro 4 battery charging came on a a short period then stopped