Windows 10: Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot

Discus and support Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My Surface has had this problem as long as I've had it. It is a Surface Pro 2017 with 16GB RAM and an i7 CPU. Occasionally, like once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PolarBear123_456, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot

Hello everyone,

My Surface has had this problem as long as I've had it. It is a Surface Pro 2017 with 16GB RAM and an i7 CPU. Occasionally, like once in two weeks, it freezes totally and I have to restart it to work. But now, this is happening more often, something like every two or three days. I'm worried - what can I do to solve this problem? Sadly, I don't have much information except that I'm on the latest Windows 10 build, this has been happening for at least a year or two now, and freezes when browsing, in file explorer; it seems like it freezes randomly.

Thank you for your help in advance.

P.S.: Because I've had other problems, I've ran sfc /scannow which found corrupted files and fixed them, and I did verifier /reset. But that didn't help as I'm writing this five minutes after another time my Surface just froze.

:)

PolarBear123_456, Mar 19, 2020
  2. GT2er Win User

Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Suvarna,

I have the same freezing problem but I cannot even reboot. My 1-week old Surface Pro 4 is totally unresponsive. I cannot shut it down. Any suggestions?

Leo

GT2er, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot

1. Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot - Similar Threads - Surface Pro 2017

2. Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 2017 Bluetooth: Hi, I recently connected my airpods to my 2017 Surface Pro via bluetooth but ever since a couple days after that my bluetooth has seemingly completely vanished. I have tried multiple solutions such as troubleshooting my driver in which I get back the error message, "device...
  3. Background Task Host "Stopped Working" + Freezing Surface Pro 2017

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Task Host "Stopped Working" + Freezing Surface Pro 2017: Hello guys, My Surface Pro 2017 5th Gen has always been freezing, about once or twice a month. But now, after I have started doing video editing using Wondershare Filmora 9, my Surface Pro 2017 freezes every hour or so. It is very annoying, the only solution is to do a shut...
  4. Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock on Surface Pro 2017 jumping: Dear Sir, I just bought the Surface Pro 2017, during using it, I observed the clock is jumping (some before and some after the real day and time). I go to the Bios and see the time in the BIOS jumping a lot and the second did not count properly: some time jump 2hrs, some...
  5. onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive not connecting to surface pro 2017: Last week my files stopped syncing to onedrive through my surface. It persisted for a few days through some troubleshooting efforts, so I decided to disconnect my onedrive account from my surface and reconnect it. When I do this: I put my email in, followed by my password,...
  6. Surface pro 2017 charging issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 2017 charging issue: My surface 2017 has an issue were it will not recognize the charging cable. I can eventually get it to recognize the connection by changing the direction of the end of the cable plugged into the surface or unplugging the cable from the outlet and plugging it back in. Is this...
  7. Unrelenting BSODs in new Surface Pro 2017

Unrelenting BSODs in new Surface Pro 2017: Hello there, I've been getting constant BSOD errors since I bought my Surface Pro 2017, just a couple of days ago. Here are my specs and DMP files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tpfrwyw8r9hm4u9/AACFVaze_x2Zh36kboK-Zs9sa?dl=0 At the beginning, they were mostly ATTEMPT TO WRITE...
  8. BSOD on Surface Pro 2017

BSOD on Surface Pro 2017: Hello, I just bought a new Surface Pro 2017 and I'm getting several BSOD errors, with the text "ATTEMPT TO WRITE READ ONLY MEMORY" while using the computer. Here are my DMP files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tpfrwyw8r9hm4u9/AACFVaze_x2Zh36kboK-Zs9sa?dl=0 Kind regards,...
  9. no October update on surface PRO 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no October update on surface PRO 2017: my custom PC already updated, but surface tells me it's up to date on 1803 should I wait oR download update assistant ? All of my setting are default I've tried update troubleshoot it fixed some config but still nothing. Thanks : )...
  10. Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 2017 Battery Time Remaining: I just got a new Surface Pro 2017. When I click on the battery icon or hovering over it, it only shows the percent remaining and not the time remaining. I have a Pro 4 also with the Creators Update and it shows the time remaining along with the percent. Does anyone know if...